Unlucky

By Tim - 09/04/2009 21:44 - United States

Today, my mom had a baby shower. When it was over, I walked around cleaning up the trash. I saw a card sitting on the table, along with a note to my mom saying, "Better luck with this one." At the moment I'm an only child, and the card was from my grandmother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 684
You deserved it 4 246

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Perhaps she has had troubles having children between you and this one, and has just been to upset to talk about it to anyone but her mother.

TurtleGenius 0

Or maybe it was just entirely irrelevant, and you're thinking too hard. Or possibly your mother had trouble with your childbirth (a lot of pain, complications, whatever), and your grandma's wishing her luck with not having that happen again.

Comments

MsSippi 0

@20 - his mom didn't throw it in the trash. he was cleaning up trash after the baby shower.

fatfaceunited 0

It's your own fault for being a screw up.

#15 and #21, maybe #10 really did mean conquer, and they regularly team up with #8 to invade and take over small villages and nations. It could happen. To the OP, I think the previous posts suggesting difficulty with your own birth or perhaps miscarriages are more likely than your grandmother thinking you're a failure and hoping the next kid's better.

i_like_chicks 0

WOW your grandma must be a bitch

SVelasquez 0

Okay, seriously, grandmas aren't bitches. Anybody ever think that maybe mommy dearest had a problem delivering you? Or maybe she had problems getting pregnant or maybe even miscarriages?

yourafuckup 0

steal her meds and she might die!

Maybe you suck at life. Hey, might as well be blunt instead of trying to cover up for his grandma! :]

SlappyDog 0

As a mom I can say that no mother (or grandmother) is gonna bitch about a kid who cleans up after his/her moms baby shower. Might seem like no big deal but a LOT of kids are monsters... It is probably about something that has nothing to do with you.

birds_fml 7

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. This doesn't mean you're a bad kid... maybe you were a difficult labor, or maybe she's miscarried several times and didn't tell you.