Unlucky

By Tim - 09/04/2009 21:44 - United States

Today, my mom had a baby shower. When it was over, I walked around cleaning up the trash. I saw a card sitting on the table, along with a note to my mom saying, "Better luck with this one." At the moment I'm an only child, and the card was from my grandmother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 684
You deserved it 4 246

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Perhaps she has had troubles having children between you and this one, and has just been to upset to talk about it to anyone but her mother.

TurtleGenius 0

Or maybe it was just entirely irrelevant, and you're thinking too hard. Or possibly your mother had trouble with your childbirth (a lot of pain, complications, whatever), and your grandma's wishing her luck with not having that happen again.

Comments

I'm sorry, everyone hate my brother too.

Two logical reasons: Your grandmother, a wise woman, was simply poking humor at the difficulty of being a mother. OR Considering your name is Tim (a male) your mother most likely wanted a female child - and your grandmother had remembered ever since.

NicGstfsn23 0

oh thats horrible lets hope #1 is right

npk1112 0

#36.....#7 wasn't an "arrogant American"; they are from somewhere else and didn't know what a baby shower was and had to look it up themselves; they said that.

sorry, but YDI. there has to be a reason your family doesnt like you........again, sorry to be so blunt, but many teenagers (my peers) are disrespectful asses. i hate my generation......

johnnyramone 0

dude lets pray #1 is right, but if not i'm sorry man...

i would confront both your mother and your grandmother. that is not ok to say about anyone at any time, new baby or not. your mother should not let your grandma say that about you, and at such a tender time in your family it is vital that there aren't any cracks in the foundation of your family tree.

pancakelover 0

Push that old b*tch down the stairs!