Father material

By Anonymous - 23/08/2020 02:07

Today, according to my husband, if I die first he won’t be looking after my son from a previous marriage. Either my sister will have to take him or he’ll go into foster care. He doesn’t want kids of his own, so he’ll be dammed if he has to look after someone else’s just because I’m dead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 432
You deserved it 920

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Might be time to throw the whole husband away. 😡😡😡

If the biological father is alive, legally thats where he'd go. That fact aside, that's a pretty shitty person you married. Should had that convo before getting married. what a jerk!

Comments

Might be time to throw the whole husband away. 😡😡😡

This really belongs on a spin-off website. This could be the inaugural story for "**** My Death."

If the biological father is alive, legally thats where he'd go. That fact aside, that's a pretty shitty person you married. Should had that convo before getting married. what a jerk!

The bio-dad already bailed on the kid once and that's when he had only 50%* obligation. What makes you think he'll step up to give the kid 100% care? *And lots of dads do way less than 50%.

Oh I'm not saying he'll step up. Believe me, my ex is a deadbeat so I get it. However, that doesn't change how the law works. unless he has terminated his rights, or has been deemed unfit, the courts will give him custody in the event the mom passes. Believe me, I don't like it, which is why my ex won't have access to the money I leave to my kids. Without the money as an incentive, he'd be more likely (highly likely) to let my husband keep the kids.

...... and that was something you did not discuss before marriage?

Why should your husband be obligated to look after your kid? How old is he anyway? Is there a reason you think you might die?

bl3ur0z3 17

You didn't discuss the fact that he resents your son's existence and doesn't want him before you got married? I couldn't marry somebody who didn't love my children.

mccuish 25

How did you marry some one who doesn’t like kids when you have one? I don’t understand how you didn’t see any red flags. Ydi your a mother take care of your child and be more aware of who you allow in your child’s life.

And the father of this child is where? Why would they not go there?! I mean if it’s a conversation you had prior to marriage, then you should not be surprised that this is how they felt. And secondly why would you expect a non family member to take care of the child if something were to happen to you, when there are living relatives alive? Wouldn’t courts grant them first dibs anyways??