Unlucky

By Tim - 09/04/2009 21:44 - United States

Today, my mom had a baby shower. When it was over, I walked around cleaning up the trash. I saw a card sitting on the table, along with a note to my mom saying, "Better luck with this one." At the moment I'm an only child, and the card was from my grandmother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 684
You deserved it 4 245

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Perhaps she has had troubles having children between you and this one, and has just been to upset to talk about it to anyone but her mother.

TurtleGenius 0

Or maybe it was just entirely irrelevant, and you're thinking too hard. Or possibly your mother had trouble with your childbirth (a lot of pain, complications, whatever), and your grandma's wishing her luck with not having that happen again.

Comments

Perhaps she has had troubles having children between you and this one, and has just been to upset to talk about it to anyone but her mother.

Make_Lemonade 13

That makes a lot of sense. There were 10 years and several miscarriages between the births of my two kids. I my mother wrote that note, it wouldn't have been directed at my first child.

MissNicky_fml 0

#86 how is it mean, it makes total sense

TurtleGenius 0

Or maybe it was just entirely irrelevant, and you're thinking too hard. Or possibly your mother had trouble with your childbirth (a lot of pain, complications, whatever), and your grandma's wishing her luck with not having that happen again.

Special_K 0

wow that sucks. maybe she was talking about your childhood?

Ouch...I'm sorry. But you seem like a pretty nice guy (assuming you're a guy since your name is Tim). since you're helping clean up (I know that isn't much but still). And just wanted to say that I understand what it's like being an only child, since I'm 16 and have been one my whole life (no half-siblings either). So, congrats on your new sibling!

blland 0

for those outside america: "baby shower" has nothing to do with - small rainfall - bathing an infant - bathing like an infant - delivering a newborn in the bathroom it was confusing >.> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_shower

really though. you shouldn't assume that just because somebody is from a different country that they are stupid

91- that's a really good drawing! Did you draw that? 92- I agree. I'm sure there are also plenty of Americans who don't know what a baby shower is either.

LenWK 0

You're all stupid. Maybe the mother was having problems having another kid, and the grandmother was hoping that wouldn't happen again.

jco523 0

FYL for your grandma dissing you like that, but YDI for going through other people's stuff. That's what you get for being a snoop!

If its his mother, and he's simply trying to help clean up, it isn't being a snoop. He simply saw a card and decided to read it. If the mother didn't want anybody else too see it, she should've put it up where no one would be, so no temptations are available.

I conquer with #8, she could have been talking about childbirth or hoping it was a girl this time. Btw I think it's a FYMother'sL if you are old enough to use the computer and clean up after a party, she's probably too old to be having kids... which would explain the trouble conceiving.

so who did you "conquer" with #8? or did you mean concur?(;

FreedomFirst 0

I think the first few posters were right. It's probably a reference to her pregnacies or childbirth, not to you personally.