By Anonymous - 23/11/2012 02:49 - Canada - Oakville

Today, I ran into an old friend, and she remarked how she couldn't believe we hadn't seen each other in a year. Except not only did I attend her baby shower a few weeks ago, I spent hundreds of dollars on a unique gift. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 262
You deserved it 2 873

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The exact same thing happened to me but instead of a babyshower it was her wedding.

dancer4life143 13

That sucks :/ but considering you just went to her baby shower, I'm sure she's just been really busy with her new baby and REALLY sleep deprived, so try not to take it personally(:

Comments

tne201992 12

I wish comments like this could just be sent to hell!

Lol really mature, really.... 12, or they could replace them with a comment that's actually funny/interesting

Don't mind me * pulls up a couch and some popcorn* I'm just gonna sit here. Maybe egg some people on, throw some popcorn at others. As you were.

The exact same thing happened to me but instead of a babyshower it was her wedding.

That's slightly more understandable though - you can get up to hundreds of people at a wedding

FMLshark 12

I don't know, I'd think I'd remember the name of the guy who gave me a motorcycle with custom decals and my initials engraved on the sides. Or something else pretty unique.

Ok bro, HE or SHE? If you're gonna post, proof read.

dancer4life143 13

That sucks :/ but considering you just went to her baby shower, I'm sure she's just been really busy with her new baby and REALLY sleep deprived, so try not to take it personally(:

elletex 8

I really don't see this as a legitimate excuse.

28- I do, and I don't even have kids. I'd say that's a very reasonable possibility. Also, how's OPs friend to know its some expensive gift? It'd almost say that's added to make their gift sound enhanced and thus their friend should be somehow MORE impressed.

Ever hear of baby brain? I'm not surprised at all. Don't take it personally OP

^^^ I remember reading those comments in your picture. Haha ^^^

I haven't changed my picture in so long :p I probably should soon.

My baby shower was a couple of months before I was due. In the last few weeks of pregnancy, I was so forgetful that I had to carry a memo pad with me to jot down whatever came into my head lest I forget where I was going and why, my symptoms, if I'd eaten, etc. Hormones are a bitch. After I had the baby, I was so sleep-deprived I forgot my baby's name and my husband's. I probably wouldn't have recognised any friends. The point is, if you can't cut a friend a little slack then buying an expensive baby gift was just for show. Money isn't the best measure of friendship.

isis_morrigan 18

I was the exact same way! I'm glad I'm not the only one reduced to carrying a notebook.

thisismyhead 25

OP never said that her friend had the baby, though.. She could still be pregnant.

free2speak 14

I guess it wasn't that unique, after all.

The friend was doing that "my memor is pretty hazy" thing, so that she can milk OP for more gifts.

That he needs to be changed to a she! Edit someone beat me to it.

littlemsweirdo 12

That's why you stick to gift cards! Kidding. The friend might have been just really busy. Time is slower when youre raising a baby!

tne201992 12

Well she can forget about getting a Christmas card from you this year.

OhDearBetrayal 25

Yeah, that will show her! Hurtin' her feelings and shit. OP would be a badass muthafucker.

#11 off subject but, you should smile u look angry.

RealTalk0 7

That's a nice friend. Take your gift back in gratitude of her being such a good friend.