Unlucky

By Tim - 09/04/2009 21:44 - United States

Today, my mom had a baby shower. When it was over, I walked around cleaning up the trash. I saw a card sitting on the table, along with a note to my mom saying, "Better luck with this one." At the moment I'm an only child, and the card was from my grandmother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 684
You deserved it 4 246

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Perhaps she has had troubles having children between you and this one, and has just been to upset to talk about it to anyone but her mother.

TurtleGenius 0

Or maybe it was just entirely irrelevant, and you're thinking too hard. Or possibly your mother had trouble with your childbirth (a lot of pain, complications, whatever), and your grandma's wishing her luck with not having that happen again.

Comments

letschat6 5

She's not necessarily insulting you. Maybe your mom just struggled with you at first.

Just be happy your not gonna be an only child cuz it sucks

When you're mom's old, just be glad that there'll be someone else around to take care of her.

Gabbymcbride 2

What A Lovely Grandmother You've Got There! On Her Birthday Give Her One That Says "Have Fun In Your Retirement Home Old Fool! (:"

**** that shit. I'm right beside you. My grandma calls me fat when I do talk to her. Kill her. Thats the only way to go.

Make_Lemonade 13

lulz @ baby shower is confusing

I wouldn't take it like that. Maybe your mom was stressed because she was nervous about having a first child, or maybe she felt she wasn't a very good mother, or something like that. I'm sure both your grandmother and mother love you, and while you might has some faults, they wouldn't be talking about them.

doglover100 28

It could be miscarriages or problems with giving birth.