Tricked

By Sniffles - 26/04/2014 12:28 - Ireland

Spicy
Today, I realised that when I asked my girlfriend four months ago if was she on the pill, she thought I meant hay fever tablets. I'm going to be a father. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 521
You deserved it 30 391

Same thing different taste

Top comments

damnit1989 16

Maybe you should've been more specific. And you could use condoms. It never hurts to use both types of contraception. I have to say you deserved it.

Comments

You only had that "birth control" discussion once out of those whole four months? Never, talked about what to do if it failed? Hard lesson learnt. Don't put your future in someone else's hands.

conman531 23

No point in us getting you up over it now. It's too late. Good luck. And congratulations I suppose

I said ydi because you should always be responsible for birth control yourself. Even then it is never 100%. I know of someone who was on the pill and used a condom and still got pregnant

toxic_walrus 15

If she doesn't know what that means she's clearly not ready for sex or children.

If you are not ready to be a father, please do not bring innocent life to this world. I know this is cruel to say, but I would rather u abort the unborn than you abandoning the born child as you're not responsible.

Nice to know people still force their opinions down the throats of others. There are other ways to avoid the responsibility of being a father and those ways should also be explored. (adoption, foster care) I know both have their troubles, but all options should be explored so you can make an INFORMED decision, not the currently popular one based off society's opinions. Side note: your wishes don't matter in this case, keep them to yourself.

I agree. Why does everyone feel that abortion is the right thing to do? It's not a form of birth control.

TheDrifter 23

Less than one percent of abortions are medically necessary. At this point it's very much a form of birth control. That said, it's her choice what she does and good luck to op. Hopefully she picks an option that doesn't cost him half his pay for the next 2 decades.

#38. Eat your own words. Did you not just get done talking about forcing opinions?

Why does it matter what you think? You would rather they abort, who are you to tell them what you want them to do.

amayasoma 19

She has a right to state her opinion just like everyone else. Being a parent is a HUGE responsibility. Therefore OP needs to have a serious talk with his girlfriend. If she wants to abort that's her choice as a woman. Pregnancy is stressful on the body especially when one is not ready. Adoption isn't always best. You could end up screwing the kids life. "Why did mommy/daddy give me up? Am I not good enough? Is something wrong with me?" Or the child go to a home were they are not loved and are beaten or worse.

Sorry the mother of your child is an idiot. "The Pill" is a universal phrase for birth control not hay fever or aspirin or menopause etc. in her defense the pill is not 100% effective so relying on that puts part of the fault with you.

It's not just her responsibility but yours as well to prevent pregnancy. The pill isn't a 100% guarantee even if she were taking it.

I can't help but feel like you deserve it. You need to be more specific.

Harsh. Obviously not the way you wanted things to work out, but good luck with this unexpected path. And here I thought there was only one meaning when you say "The Pill".