Tricked

By Sniffles - 26/04/2014 12:28 - Ireland

Spicy
Today, I realised that when I asked my girlfriend four months ago if was she on the pill, she thought I meant hay fever tablets. I'm going to be a father. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 521
You deserved it 30 391

Same thing different taste

Top comments

damnit1989 16

Maybe you should've been more specific. And you could use condoms. It never hurts to use both types of contraception. I have to say you deserved it.

Comments

Insist on a DNA paternity test before any legal commitment to the child and to a woman this dishonest.

duude989 7
sailorarctic 22

I call shenanigans. Unless your girlfriend is catholic and has been living under a rock every woman knows what a man means when they ask if she's on "the pill"

kitcatjb 12

I'm sorry to say this, but she probably did it on purpose.

Wow congrats, weird she didn't realize you meant birth control, you should of said birth control to her to be sure.

Is she young? This screams either being young and not taught about the birds and the bees, that she wanted to get pregnant, or she is not that bright. Sorry op! Congrats though.

Well, that's what you get for leaving the birth control up to someone else. Now you get to take responsibility for not wearing a condom. YDI as she didn't get herself pregnant.

I cannot believe that everyone is blaming the woman. The man decided not to protect himself so it's his own fault. Birth control isn't always very effective for those who are clueless.

To be fair, it is mostly her fault. For one thing, it was pretty dumb of her to think he meant hay fever tablets when he said "the pill" but I can kind of see how she might make that mistake. But then she didn't make any effort to protect herself either- surely when they started having sex she should've thought "hey we're not using birth control" and done something about it. I agree that it wasn't a good idea for OP not to take extra precautions but he thought that she was on the pill, and the pill is over 99% effective when used properly. So yeah, he should've been more careful but I think the blame does rest mostly on the woman in this case.

not sure whether to say congrats or shoulda planned this out better

But 4 months ago it was the middle of winter so she wouldn't even be on a hay fever tablet cos u can't get hay fever in winter...

Sorry OP, I vote YDI. If you're not ready for a kid you should be using condoms 100% of the time, even if she is on the pill because A) the pill doesn't protect against STDs and B) The pill is only mostly effective if you use it correctly. Even then things like the time you take it (if you're late/early or miss a day) and some medications can affect it.