Tricked

By Sniffles - 26/04/2014 12:28 - Ireland

Spicy
Today, I realised that when I asked my girlfriend four months ago if was she on the pill, she thought I meant hay fever tablets. I'm going to be a father. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 521
You deserved it 30 391

Same thing different taste

Top comments

damnit1989 16

Maybe you should've been more specific. And you could use condoms. It never hurts to use both types of contraception. I have to say you deserved it.

Comments

She didn't think you meant hay fever pills. Any girl above the age of oh probably 12, maybe even 11 now, when asked "are you on the pill" will know exactly what you're talking about unless they are seriously sheltered. Should have double checked, then still used condoms.

That's why u should just wear condoms anyway and be responsible because unfortunately there are some people who just have no clue about anything and then accidents happen...

It is possible they still used a condom, but he asked if she was on the pill because condoms aren't always 100% effective. I am on the pill but I still use a condom every time. So he may have been hoping that the pill would be a back up plan. I still don't understand how the hell she thought you meant hay fever pills though.

You never know, you might change your attitude about having a child once he/she has arrived. I know that you're probably young, and wasn't planning on having a kid anytime soon, but sometimes the idea of becoming a parent just takes a little warming up to. Of course, there is always the chance that even after the child is born, you will still have no interest in it whatsoever (which is fine, everyone is different). Just keep in mind not to do something you're likely to regret, because things like abortion, adoption, etc. are permanent and will follow you for the rest of your life. If you decide to do one of those things, you need to be absolutely sure that is what you want to do. It is important that you involve your other half in whatever decisions you make regarding this matter, as she is the one carrying your unborn child. Taking to your girlfriend and letting her know how you feel about this is EXTREMELY important, even if it makes her upset. I'd say it's better to be truthful than to lie, even if the truth hurts. Only you two know the right thing to do in this situation. Best of luck to the both of you :)

Hey, you know what's permanent and follows you around for the rest of your life as well? A freaking child. Ok, of course you shouldn't decide for an abortion or an adoption without thinking things through, but you shouldn't just decide to have the baby anyway because hey, who knows, it might work out and end up being great. Cause, well, it might not.

YDI - The pill is not a substitute for other methods of protection. But, regardless, congrats and good luck OP!!!

Why not? The pill IS a method of protection. It's over 99% effective if used properly- one of the most effective contraception methods out there.

She went full retard, you never go full retard.

Kinda sounds like she knew what you were talking about... And trapped you... Best wishes to the new family!

jeragonm 15

Either your girlfriend is incredibly stupid or you got played... Either way you should have used condoms for back up.

Hopefully your child isn't as retarded as its mother.