By oddbrien - 13/12/2016 03:34 - United States - Baltimore

Today, while at the club, I started dancing with a girl who I had noticed throughout the night. When she turned around she firmly stated, "I'd much rather dance by myself". FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 510
You deserved it 4 371

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So...a girl was honest with you about what she wanted from her evening? ...poor you?

Some girls want to go to a club without having some guy they don't know dancing up on them. Crazy concept, huh?

Comments

my2centsworth 15

"What is love Baby, don't hurt me Don't hurt me no more"

Obviously she has every right to say so, but it still sucks getting rejected. I feel ya, OP.

Britt125 16

So she wasn't paying attention to you and was looking away but you just went and started dancing with her anyway? That's creepy, dude. No wonder she doesn't want to dance with you.

wow a girl rejecting a guy! How dare she have the right to say no to someone :/

You obviously weren't dancing WITH her if she had to turn around and tell you to go away. One of the worst things on a night out is a guy who just starts dancing behind/against you without you even knowing he's there

You don't just start dancing on someone, you need to make some form of eye contact first to confirm if it's too loud to ask.

If you start "dancing with a girl" behind her, you're not dancing with her. You're just pervin' with her.

You say 'dancing with', but she had to turn around to face you? A big no-no for me if I don't know the guy. Try face to face dancing next time.

Fair enough to feel upset I think but she was right to tell you. Really look at body language in a club or ask 'is it ok if I dance with you or would you rather dance as you were?' as a lot of girls have guys dancing with them and they don't want that but don't feel able to say.

Yah, girls generally don't suddenly like some random dude coming up behind us where we can't even see them and suddenly grinding their semi into our ass. Make eye contact, and if you get a positive response go over and say hello *from the front* before you start dancing with her.