By zl5 - 04/07/2014 23:17 - New Zealand - Masterton

Today, the deranged idiot that I am defending in court went completely nuts and told the judge that I am the guy who planned the whole armed robbery that he is on trial for. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 114
You deserved it 4 843

Same thing different taste

Top comments

well, if you're good at your job you can prove him wrong! fyl

Well, at least you're familiar with the case. You should be able to defend yourself easily.

Comments

well, if you're good at your job you can prove him wrong! fyl

friedpwnadge 25

Great support for an insanity defense!

I feel for you OP, my dad tells me crazy stories of the people he has to defend in court. It must be a headache for you...

RedPillSucks 31

Unfortunately, #12, you can be disbarred for purposefully not defending your client.

#50 If he's a court appointed lawyer, then the client won't be paying anything.

Reminds me of a joke that explains why there's a code of ethics against sexual relations between lawyers and their clients: you'd be paying extra for essentially the same service.

Well, at least you're familiar with the case. You should be able to defend yourself easily.

ChristianH39 30

Exactly, I wonder what makes the defendant think that would work against a lawyer in the first place

lexiieeex3 32

The guy sounds like a sociopath...

except most sociopaths are better at it than this idiot

Hey OP, I doubt the judge believed him.

Not to worry -- he's next to be accused by the dude whom OP's defending.

Wait, so what happens in this case? Is it automatically ignored or do you end up... questioned, or whatever might happen? Sorry. I know it's a stupid question.

I don't think he would be allowed to be a lawer on that case, and would then become a suspect. No matter how stupid the blame, I believe those are the rules.

You're right 40. No matter how stupid and insane he sounds, the lawyer is now a suspect in the case. At which point they'll stop the trial long enough to start looking for evidence, questioning both the lawyer and the suspect, and find a new lawyer.

World_Burner 13

Well the lawyer could defend himself.

746278Ab 14

That sucks! I'm sorry OP.... Dump him and remember evidence tells the whole story...

Shemp_5 14

He's a snitch! You know what to do OP.

I've played saints row before. The lawyer came up with the most profitable heists. Damn blood suckers.

Well at least you're a lawyer for a living that's a plus I think?

The only way to win when up against someone who is crazy is to be crazier than they are.

Animekid126 13

Like that comedian who had the skit of yelling at a crazy guy in an elevator? I can't remember his name...

This proves that your client is a psychopath. Case close!