Fake news

By Anonymous - 18/07/2014 20:04 - Cura?ao

Today, I read a book by a former client who did time for fraud. She swears she's innocent, and blames everyone for her "ordeal": the police, court, judge, and me, her own attorney. She conveniently forgot to mention her two full confessions, one of which was given before the judge. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 332
You deserved it 3 456

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Give her a real ordeal to write about!

Please, please mention that in your Amazon review of her book.

Comments

Give her a real ordeal to write about!

friedpwnadge 25

What are you going to do. Some people are liars.

dyehardxen 19

I'm confused here. Did OP read a book about this lady?

It says "BY a lady" not "ABOUT a lady".

QueenofWheels 13

OP read a book by somebody OP couldn't get off for a crime they admitted they did.

cryssycakesx3 22

I read this as he was reading in the vicinity of a lady... then I understood.

QueenofWheels 13

Well it's by the lady about the lady

Dodge4x4Ram 46
chelsearenaeee 16

I want to know the name of this book.

You're just assuming that because it's a popular book/show about prison. It's definitely not Orange Is The New Black. The author knew she was guilty and never denied that fact, and her book is about her experience in prison and what she's learned. It isn't her crying about how she's innocent or blaming everyone else like her character in the show often does. Things are exaggerated or made up completely in the show to add interest.

BradTheBrony 19

If you listen closely, you can hear the soft "whoosh" of the joke flying straight over your head.

QueenofWheels 13

Wow somebody doesn't know jokes when she reads it

Jghaugland 6

#59, I'm gonna steal that remark.

CallMeWindSock 24

Well at least you're only reading about this woman, and don't have to deal with her in real life anymore.

QueenofWheels 13

The case is over so no need to still deal with her

Good catch, #6. That last minute editing really did wonders for that comment. It's much better now.

CallMeWindSock 24

#25, I didn't edit it, what are you taking about?

#25 - I swear you are always taking the piss out of people in the comments, but never mind me

Hunthas 17

Everyone expects people to lie to get prisony situations! any publicity is good publicity! try to make the most of it, then find her in jail and mock her! :D

meli1195 31

I don't think you are of sound mind.....

Please, please mention that in your Amazon review of her book.

making other people seem like the bad person sorry one of them was you.

Maybe it's just me but the way this FML is worded is really confusing. Had to read it three times before understanding it.

OP is a lawyer, one of their previous clients has written a book trying to say they are innocent and ended up doing time for fraud. However the client didn't mention in the book that they confessed twice, one of those confessions was in court which would have removed any chance of being innocent. The client is blaming everyone else including OP for their sentence.

meli1195 31

@5, That's the way I understood it at first, but I wasn't sure if it made sense. I overthink. Thanks though.