By rj - 12/05/2012 14:42 - United States - Goddard

Spicy
Today, my wife told me she was pregnant. I don't remember having sex since last year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 532
You deserved it 5 814

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Either she cheated or I would recommend seeing a doctor about your memory.

Comments

chickenwalrus 14

either way this turns out bad for you. Cheated on/pregnant wife or mental disorder/pregnant wife.

linkinpark98 23

Your picture has given me nightmares.

Or it's bad for his wife, #12, and he's a paranoid, maths-incompetent weirdo who would rather inflict his paranoia on the online world, rather than asking his wife how far along she is. Just saying. :)

#50; last year was only five months ago. If his wife is a bit chubby, there's every possibility that she was pregnant and didn't realise. Not everyone gets a super-defined bump.

#84 I'm pretty sure she would've realized that she did not start her menstrual period over those 5 months.

#170; this discussion has already taken place literally about two comments (not including replies) down.

Oceansnipe17 8

Not necessarily the best choice. It could be OP's, but it's important there is a father figure in the child's life.

anarchistpunk 3

The father figure should be the real dad. If she did cheat, she made the choice, the other guy made the choice, so the other guy should be the father figure. Not the guy with the unfaithful wife.

Last year was only five months ago, technically speaking. Depending on the actual time gap, it might be yours and she didn't find out until now. Work it out before you jump to conclusions, and get proof before you throw accusations around.

Kuips23 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Not necessarily. In some cases, it can be rather unnoticeable, especially if his wife has a bit of extra weight, or the baby has some sort of growth defect. (I'mma go with fat wife, though.) There have been cases, although rare, of women not even realising they were pregnant until they went into labour.

mhopper 13

There's a whole series on that premise, "I didn't know I was pregnant". It's really scary, actually.

My mom had 4 Kids and she didn't know she was pregnant until cravings and morning sickness happened, her physical appearance never changed.

Mearemoi 14

I know it's plausible for her not to realise, seeing as your reasoning is valid, but wouldn't she notice that she hasn't had her period? Just asking - I don't really know much of this stuff.

Some women have vaginal bleeding every month during their pregnancy.

#139; Some women have naturally very light periods, so might mistake any spotting that happens during the pregancy for a full bleed, and some women have incredibly irregular periods (Like, one every six months irregular) but choose not to treat it, for whatever reason. Also, as #142 said, some women still have periods during pregnancy. Although this is rare, it's not any more rare than women not knowing they're up the duff until much later on, so it's plausible.

I didn't know I was pregnant until I was 7 months along. I got the spotting, never had any symptoms, but I felt kicking and that's when I found out. It sucks finding out so late but it does happen.

AliceLockehart 18

My Mum didn't know til she was 6 months. The contraceptive she was on stopped her from getting her period. She had golden staph & the doctors had her on an IV full of antibiotics everyday, which stopped the contraceptive from working. But cause she never got her period anyway, she didn't really pay much mind til she felt a kick. 2 months later, my sister Natasha-Jane was born :)

If the kid comes out with horns, a tail, and bat wings with blood red skin, then you'll know your memory is fine and she didn't cheat. It's just the spawn of Satan or the New Jersey Devils' next mascot. If not, then I'd say you two have a bit of a problem.

Sinamoi 18

I feel as if an epic story was meant to preceed this comment, like: OP is secretly part of a government agency tracking a cult of people in Switzerland attempting to contact a hidden army of Chinese shoe salemen in an epic plot to start a second Soviet Union on the moon. OP married his wife, whom worked for the same agency, only to discover that she is the great granddaughter of Nikita Khrushchev, and is a double agent for the cult. Valuing their relationship more than the mission, he stays with her, but can't bring himself to fully believe in their ideals. OP's wife becomes aware of this and is appalled. And so... That's why she cheated....

58 - your comment can only be described as legendary.

Angelrose2004 17

Don't drink and park, because that's how babies are made.

They can do paternity tests while she's pregnant I do believe.

I don't think this is harsh. Divorce that cheating bitch! Obviously can't keep her legs close, but this could have be avoided if you had try to engage sexual activity within the last year. 0.0

Panther1983 0

I'm sorry you were at work and I just couldn't handle myself. By the way tell your wife I'm waiting for what she promised me.