By Anonymous - 21/12/2012 14:22 - United States - Cottonwood

Today, I started my first day of work at our local humane society. I asked where the break room was, so my coworker directed me to a small room in the back of the building. The only place I get to take my lunch break is the same room where they euthanize, freeze and cremate the animals. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 945
You deserved it 7 902

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I will NOT make a joke about taking your work home...I will NOT make a joke about taking your work home for dinner... Oh, DAMMIT!

From a business strategy it's perfect. Your employees will never stop to take a break.

Comments

I will NOT make a joke about taking your work home...I will NOT make a joke about taking your work home for dinner... Oh, DAMMIT!

Werken247 14

Let me do it for you Doc... So OP, you're having lunch in the frozen food section?

khan7864u 4

Hey Doc, i miss tht old default pic u had..

I have a question and I will understand if I get thumbed down, but why did this FML receive so many YDIs?

MrThumbsItUpMan 8

They probably thought that he/she would go out to eat with a friend or instead of bringing lunch to the workplace.

84, but why would that be a YDI? And why would that be an assumption anyways?

That's how it is where I volunteer too. There's not really money in the budgets for break rooms, at least not where I am.

From a business strategy it's perfect. Your employees will never stop to take a break.

CharresBarkrey 15

I would just eat in my car or drive somewhere else, and still take all my breaks. Most places don't let you skip a lunch break anyway.

mariah_1_11 22

You get used to it after awhile. I grew up in a vets office. It wasn't uncommon for me to drink my juice while sitting in the operating room while my mom helped the dr.

jsmills92 15

At least you'll always have someone to talk to!

Because we all enjoy talking to dead animals

jsmills92 15

Because I was totally being serious.

BellaBelle_fml 23

In our defense, it's always hard to take someone seriously when they take self portraits in a bathroom. Especially a public bathroom.

Yes yes, but then you shouldn't have taken her comment seriously?

Since when has it been on the Internet that if you are a person you shouldn't take seriously you just leave it alone? I think people more react with "oh look a bad attempt at a joke I shouldn't take seriously, BURN THEM WITH FIRE!"

Ironic how the humane society is not particularly humane to its humans..

I think you missed the point of the FML, Noor.

suboy 10

Although you have to admit dogs dying in movies are terribly tragic. I cry every time. I guess you have to be a dog person.

10: Because they're stingy assholes. At least, that's what I got out of it.

Well if it makes you feel better some countries eat dogs and cats. Well just hope you don't drop your food in the ashes.

I seriously doubt that made anyone feel any better.

Ok true I see that what about puppies riding on a unicorn over a rainbow...huh doesn't that make you feel warm inside.

RedPillSucks 31

I got a boner thinking of the dog riding the unicorn