By Grindyloo - 05/05/2012 10:06

Today, my turtle, who had a little portion of the garden all to herself, died. My 5-year-old nephew wanted to "be like Mario" by jumping on her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 407
You deserved it 2 820

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Be like a flower and chuck fire at her

Actually, it didn't die. It escaped in time and left another turtle in its place, for it was a ninja. And a mutant. And a teenager.

Comments

neonrocks 0

I'm probably gonna get thumbs downed, by that's hilarious. And sorry about your turtle. May he rest in peace:(

fireflygirl13 0

Omg its not funny at all. U are as evil as the kid who murdered the poor turtle

KiddNYC1O 20

I thought it was funny too, initially.

skyeyez9 24

Even when I was 5, I knew jumping on animals (alive or dead) was wrong. That boy ain't right in his head.

skyeyez9 24

I'd smack the shit outta him if I were you.

chick92282 15

Geez, such harshness toward a little kid! The boy was/is FIVE, not fifteen. Not saying that excuses his actions by any means, and he definitely should've been taught both manners and kindness toward animals, but he hasn't quite learned cause-and-effect and he doesn't understand death yet. So while this sucks, and while the boy should be taught a lesson from this, we shouldn't get the lynch mob together just yet!

5 is old enough to understand. My niece is 5 and she would never do that.

VasilisaUzhasnaj 29

A 5 year old should be old enough to understand that jumping on a small animal will kill it, or at least give it a big owwie. Perhaps a 5 MONTH old has the excuse of not understanding. I've seen my share of animal cruelty from sociopathic little ***** at that age, and it ******* traumatized me then. There ain't no way in hell a 5 year old child has the excuse of being too naive to understand this concept. He's clearly not bright enough to understand the difference between video games and real life, and thus should be kept far away from them, lest he develop anymore retarded ideas.

chick92282 15

Yes, because we should take advice from someone who calls five year olds "sociopathic little *****." To prove my point, I did some research online on a psychology website. I tried to post the link but it got deleted so I don't think FML will let me. At any rate, it clearly said that children ages 3-5 have difficulty distinguishing fantasy (video games) from reality (turtles in the backyard). Additionally, it said that hopping (ahem) is an activity that children in these age groups enjoy. Also, keep in mind that while a child may have learned how to act around cats and dogs, but more exotic pets (like turtles) might be foreign to them. Or they may have been told that the turtle has a very hard shell (true) and subsequently think that hopping on the turtle wouldn't hurt it (not true). I stand by what I said. The child should be taught a lesson from this, and his ignorance doesn't excuse what he did. But I can understand why he might think that way.

Actually, I babysit part time for kids while going to school part time. They play video games, they also recently got a pet lizard, none of these children ages 3, 5 and 8 tried to harm their pet. They didn't even need to be told not to "hurt it" because they knew. Kids need to distinguish between fantasy and reality. I'm sorry if it sounds mean, but at five years old, you should know better. Unless of course you are either messed up In the head, or the parents are doing a horrible job raising you, and should be spayed and neutered so similar things don't happen again. 5 year olds can be sociopaths. I'm not saying this kid is, I'm just saying it's happened before.

GoingToBeAPilot1 6

Personally, I like more than I like 5 year olds. They're cuter, cleaner and quieter.

ardencred 7

or he thought he was Luigi perhaps! Was he wearing green?

twerp21 3

Teach him that there is no just thing as 1-ups. :)

Why are there so many morons going like "he's too young to realize it was wrong"? My kid isn't even 2 years old yet, and we have already successfully taught him to be nice to animals. Also, if he's "too young" to realize it's wrong to jump on top of pets, he's definately too young to play Mario.

I agree whole hearty with you kids shoul know by being taught and somewhat instinctively not to do these kind of things to animals at two if not younger. This is to protect animals and them. Suppose he had done that to napping dog. Then he might have learned his lesson if it had been a dog and he received a bite for his efforts. Come on people kids know this stuff. They are not the morons you are making them out to be.

sparklyclown 4

Next time just put spikes on its back, then he won't wanna jump on it

Gingy6 2