By GlueAndCarrots - 20/08/2015 02:38 - Canada - Markham

Today, I told my daughter that we're going to the beach. Today, my daughter also tried to dig up our deceased dog that we buried in our back yard last week so it can come along. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 136
You deserved it 1 797

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KeannaLove 32

Depending on the age of your daughter, this could either be very sweet or extremely worrying.

That sounds like the start to a horror movie

Comments

I am so sorry. This reminds me of when they buried Hughes in FMA. His daughter kept asking how will daddy do his work if he's.under there. have you tried explaining that the doggy is very tired and wants to rest and that she shouldn't disturb him? kids don't really understand death all that well. I hope you all still had fun at the beach though.

I cried so much even though I am a guy, stupid homonculus, why did Hughes have to go.

HUGHES WAS THE MVP I was so sad but lol karma burns c: if u know what I'm talking about c:

Kids are very capable of understanding the concept of death at a very early age if you talk honestly and openly with them. My then two-year-old understood what it meant that his great-grandfather had died. He asked me about a year later if cats hated me. Turns out my mother had told him that my childhood cats had run far, far away and haven't come back yet. She didn't want to tell him that they had died years ago. When I told him what happened it made much more sense to him. Telling them stories of sleep or wonderland or home-in-the-clouds just confuse kids. The little ones are less scared to talk about death than most adults.

DeltaDragonxx 20

I personally still don't fully grasp death, I don't think anything does. if there is a heaven it's easier, but if there isnt. It's impossible to imagine nothing.

joeyl2008 29
KeannaLove 32

Depending on the age of your daughter, this could either be very sweet or extremely worrying.

That sounds like the start to a horror movie

As long as their backyard doesn't turn out to be an ancient burial site the horror might be kept at bay.

XxReddragonxX 7

that's going to be hard to explain to a child............ stuff like this is never easy to do.

HeadlessSparrow 20

That's kind of cute...in a morbid kind of way.

Zombie dog at the beach. Your daughter may single handedly start the Zombie apocalypse.

If she is old enough to use the showel I would be worried!