By Disappointed - 04/10/2014 03:08

Today, my teenage daughter asked me to buy her the morning after pill, saying, "It's for my acne." FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 796
You deserved it 5 123

Same thing different taste

Top comments

llamarrama01 21

Maybe it's time to have a certain talk with her.

Comments

Well, birth control does help clear severe acne and decreases the intensity of menstrual cycles. She could be confusing the two?

Why are you disappointed? She came to you for help after a bad decision? I hope my girls will do the same.

Some morning after pills are actually known to cause severe acne. Could be someone playing a prank on her. Or she's got it confused with "the" pill, which tends to reduce acne. This might just be an innocent request.

thebigtwinkie 28

either she thinks you're stupid, or she's stupid

She could mean the contraceptive pill which actually does help acne. Have a talk with her first, and if she meant the morning after pill, teach her to be responsible. No sense freaking out as she'll have sex anyway - so at least save her from STD's and pregnancy.

i think condoms stop most STDs but I don't know that the pill does?

LeviathansGirl38 0

No, it doesn't. The contraceptive pill is for people in monogamous relationships wanting to prevent pregnancy. For people who, pardon me - sleep around, it does nothing other than prevent pregnancy. You're at risk of every STI.

I know that, I meant that she ought to be taught about safe sex. Guess I should've added in condoms :') my bad.

Perhaps she meant the contraceptive pill, which can help to clear up acne. Just have a talk with her and find out what she meant

Either she thinks you're stupid or she really thinks that helps with acne. Either way, wow...

LeviathansGirl38 0

At age 12 I was on the pill. I was a child and I was still happily watching Little House on the Prairie and wasn't interested in sex for 5 years following this & still am happily in that very relationship. Point - the right pill does literally make acne clear straight up. Have a little trust.

The morning after pill isn't the birth control pill.

buy it for her just so she has to deal with 5 days of hormonal hell on her body so she'll know to at least use protection in the future.

Unless she's like my friends dumbass of a little sister. In a four month period we shoved the morning after pill down her throat because she was an idiot. Month five she got tired of us scolding her for letting her boyfriend talk her out of condoms. She didn't learn her lesson and ended up pregnant. It took her dumbass having an abortion to finally learn her lesson and use protection.