By purrtygirl - 09/06/2009 06:44 - United States

Today, a guy from my school came into my work. I knew him but forgot his name. I didn't want to be rude and ask for his name when he probably expected me to know it. So, thinking I was clever, I said "How do you spell your name again?". His name was Rob. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 128
You deserved it 55 424

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I always play the "how old are you?". "I dont believe you", "prove it, show me your license". Flattery makes people blind :)

Meh - I know a Robb or two. You could have made a semi graceful recovery - "Thought so, but my (fake) cousin has an extra 'b' in his".

Comments

I always play the "how old are you?". "I dont believe you", "prove it, show me your license". Flattery makes people blind :)

lizzilla8297 2

or "Ooh I see cause my boyfriends name is spelt "R-A-W-B" :D

Ask, "what's your name?" Then when they tell you say, "I meant your last name."

Your supposed to ask "so what's your full name?"

Ilovemusic237 19

That's when you say "No, I meant your LAST name." Then pray that it's not Smith or something simple like that.

when you were thinking you were clever you were extremely wrong. infact, i'd say your a ******* idiot.

julian1179 0

well, I've met a guy names "Rhob" so ot still wouldve made sence to ask

I don't think it was bad I've done tht before too OP just didn't want to make the guy feel bad unfortunately it didn't work so well in this case

Another " your an idiot" comment using the wrong you're, thus making them the idiot.

maxson_fml 0

#1, that's actually a pretty smart idea, as long as it makes sense to bring the topic of age up

he meant you should follow it up with these to cover up the blunder ....

His license shows his name too, so instead of looking at his age, you look at his name!

Just go with the "Where do I know you from?"

Tika876 18

LOL forever known as THE SLOW ONE.

this made me LOL should of tried #1's idea

Just ask him. Most people aren't offended, and if they are then they'll get over it, because it's not a big deal. YDI for trying to be slick when you're not. Most names are easy to spell and will get you a weird look.

gammagamma 2

haha that was stupid YDI for not thinking before speaking

this reminds me of the King of Queens thanksgiving episode when Doug met up with an old friend at the gorcery store but he has no idea who he is.. and he tries to figure out his name the whole time... I second motion #7, most people aren't offended.. I mean hey, not really your fault if you forget a name!

Meh - I know a Robb or two. You could have made a semi graceful recovery - "Thought so, but my (fake) cousin has an extra 'b' in his".