Late bloomer

By marbles - 02/06/2022 12:00

Today, my daughter continues to have acne breakouts. She’s no longer a teenager, which means she isn’t washing her face. I can’t believe I raised someone who ignores her hygiene to this point. FML
I agree, your life sucks 256
You deserved it 1 504

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you know, some people with great hygiene are unlucky enough to still be prone to acne. in pretty sure she doesn't enjoy waking up to zits everyday. fml for her, not you.

I wash my face every day and still get the occasional breakout and I'm pushing 40. maybe try being a little less judgemental and be supportive of your child instead?

Comments

you know, some people with great hygiene are unlucky enough to still be prone to acne. in pretty sure she doesn't enjoy waking up to zits everyday. fml for her, not you.

Yeah… there’s lots of medical issues that can cause acne, not just poor hygiene. Tell her to get checked for polycystic ovaries just incase

munchkin77 13

I was about to say that too - I have polycystic ovarian syndrome & get the odd breakout too...

Yeah, I had insane acne until I started shaving with moisturizing cream--still do get acne when I cut myself and can't shave for a while. I wonder if it's a bit like the old way of 'bathing' with oil, where you scrape off dead skin and gunk with a blade; it seems to do wonders for my skin in general.

To clarify: I have PCOS. That's why I get acne, and why medication doesn't work...

I wash my face every day and still get the occasional breakout and I'm pushing 40. maybe try being a little less judgemental and be supportive of your child instead?

slhiggx 17

You don’t seem to know much about acne. I follow a 5-10 step skin care routine (depending on how tired I am) and I still break out when I’m stressed and close to my cycle start date. Are you a woman or are you a man? As a woman you should know this.

"... which means she isn't washing her face." The sheer ignorance of this belief in 2022 is astonishing. F her L, not yours.

Michael Sawyer 11

I am 43 years old. wash my face morning and night and STILL have acne. like the others have said there are more causes of Acne than just not washing.

Do you really not know how bodies work? That you can get acne at any age and it has zero to do with hygiene? Smh

F your daughter's life for having a judgmental parent who knows nothing about acne.

It could also mean her skin is dry, or she's using the wrong products. She probably has a damaged moisture barrier. If she tends to look greasy, she's dry. I looked like a pizza well into my 30s it took Korean skincare to fix it. I'm temporarily using over the counter stuff and breaking out again. Also possible but less likely is she has some kind of infection that requires medicine for, skin infections on your face do occur commonly.

wrenavery90 12

Are you serious? I'm 67 years old. I wash my face and it still breaks out.