By Disappointed - 04/10/2014 03:08

Today, my teenage daughter asked me to buy her the morning after pill, saying, "It's for my acne." FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 796
You deserved it 5 123

Same thing different taste

Top comments

llamarrama01 21

Maybe it's time to have a certain talk with her.

Comments

Maybe she should've just gotten a facial. For her acne.

Jellysweetheart 23

It actually does help with acne... My sister uses it and it really helps.

rocker_chick23 27

There is a difference between the morning after pill and the birth control pill. The morning after pill is only used for emergencies to stop pregnancy. Your sister uses birth control for her acne, not the morning after pill.

Jellysweetheart 23

Oops I read the fml wrong. Thought it said birth control

It's not the daughter being stupid. Sex education is very badly taught. Why should she punish her daughter? If anything she ought to teach her about safe sex so that she won't end up pregnant or with an infection because, let's face it, she'll probably do it again. Taking away privileges will reinforce the idea that sex is wrong, which it isn't.

I agree with you to a certain extent. But if she's only something like 13? Then I can't see allowing her to continue with being sexually active and permitting it. Absolutely educate her but having her think that sex at such a young age is acceptable??? A young mind might not know the difference between sex and love yet. And might just be doing it only because of pressure from a boyfriend or peers. Proper guidance is important.

She might be confused about morning after pills and birth control pills. The birth control pills can help your acne

Lmfao cut her some slack at least she feels somewhat comfortable approaching you! A for effort lol

Guess you probably should have had a real sex talk with her. At least now you have a wonderful opportunity to tell her the truth!

There's a difference between educating a teen on sex and proper protection and endorsing the teen having sex. Also, realistically love usually has little to nothing to do with teenagers having sex and girls pressure guys just as much as the other way around. Approaching a sex discussion with the assumption that the girl is being pressured (doesn't really want sex) and a guy wants it 24/7 does very little good. Too often the sex talk with a son basically goes "use a condom" and the talk with a girl involves a lengthy discussion about love, feelings, saving yourself for someone special, not giving it away, respecting yourself enough not to be a '****', etc. People assume sex is a bigger deal when it comes to girls so it's approached in a different manner that may not be beneficial to that particular person. Each person is different so it's important to learn about his/her thoughts and feelings prior to any discussion. It's entirely plausible that a guy may be feeling extreme pressure to have sex and feel uncomfortable and that a girl basically just wants to get laid.

Yeah you saying "don't forbid it" was what threw me off. Hey, no parenting skills is going to work on every child. What works for one might not on another. Having an open nonjudgmental relationship with a child would be great but the "free to do whatever you want just as long as you're safe" does not always apply. Sex is more than just a physical act. There's a lot of emotion scars that it can cause especially with an undeveloped mind.