By Disappointed - 04/10/2014 03:08

Today, my teenage daughter asked me to buy her the morning after pill, saying, "It's for my acne." FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 796
You deserved it 5 123

Same thing different taste

Top comments

llamarrama01 21

Maybe it's time to have a certain talk with her.

Comments

Or OPs daughter could have confused the morning after pill with the contraceptive pill which does help with acne. With that possibility in mind we have no way of knowing whether or not OPs daughter had sex. Either way, OP needs to have a talk with his daughter and not treat her like she's an idiot when she could just be confused.

If she wants her acne gone why not ask for acne remover like X-Out or other brands? Why go to a product that's not intended to clear acne?

Because some forms of birth control *can* help with acne.

Spank her! It's not child abuse it's discipline

Yes, because simply hitting her would be much more effective than actually talking to her and finding out what she meant. I hope you were either joking or never have children of your own.

I think the best stance would be a non approving supportive one. Dont forbit it but dont approve of it. And educate your child/youth on everything around sex and see to it that it get it that contraception is really important.

I would buy it. Then I would have a nice LONG talk with her. She doesn't seem very bright, obviously thinks you're not either, and probably doesn't have enough self-respect to use protection or just not have sex. Oh and you'd probably be smart to get her some condoms and smack her boyfriend around a bit too.

Firstly, she might have genuinely been asking for something to clear her acne. The contraceptive pill does tend to help with acne, and it's possible she just got that and the morning after pill confused. Secondly, having sex does NOT necessarily indicate a lack of "self respect". I hate it when people say that. Thirdly, why smack her boyfriend around? We don't even know that OP's daughter has had sex, and even if she has, it takes two to have sex. I hardly think it would be fair to just have a talk with the daughter but "smack her boyfriend around"

Certain types of birth control *can* actually assist with acne. It's actually recommended by some doctors depending on the severity of the acne. But it is a valid comment.

Your fault for raising her to be a *****. :D Good luck with that.

actually there are people that take it for their acne...

Thanks for the laughs everyone! I like to consider myself progressive as a parent and I understand teenagers are sexually active and to try to stop this is futile. I had no idea she had progressed to this stage in her relationship with her boyfriend of almost a year. I wish she had been more open with me. We had a talk and they did have sex. She cried and apologized for being irresponsible. In the end I did get her the pill. I do wish she had come to me beforehand and I was a little upset she tried to play me for a fool, but we had a long talk and she is on the pill now, which, yes, she knew was the one actually meant for acne.