By DCarreon - 04/10/2012 07:13 - United States - Ceres

Today, my seemingly normal girlfriend decided to erase every girl's name out of my phone. Family and all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 317
You deserved it 3 263

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like an overly attached girlfriend song. Also, what is with all the jealous girlfriends lately?

She thought your aunt was trying to steal you ;)

Comments

jjohnson26559 1

If your girlfriend has no reason to be jealous or possessive (I'm assuming that you have not cheated in the past or attempted to and she found out) then she has no right to go through your phone and invade your privacy. For now you need to nip her problem in the bud and stand up to her because her behavior will most likely get worse if you allow her to keep doing things like this to you. Good luck op.

She has no right going through his phone at all, whether she has reasons to be jealous or not. If she cannot trust him, especially if it is for valid reasons, then she should not be in a relationship with him. Going through his phone is NEVER all right.

55 Let me clarify I don't agree with the invasion of privacy under any circumstances but we don't know ops situation. Some trust may have been lost in the past due to something that happened and maybe she felt justified even though its wrong to do that either way. I don't know maybe ops girlfriend is just irrationally jealous. Regardless I stand by what I said I'm sorry that you don't like my opinion.

Invading your partner's privacy is one of those things everyone thinks they'd never do, but will always do given the right circumstances. When you've invested a lot of time and emotion into a relationship but your partner suddenly begins to display suspicious behavior, you can't help but want to get to the bottom of it. Mere suspicion isn't enough to give up someone you love, while on the other hand you don't want to be in a relationship where your partner is constantly betraying you behind your back. The thought of the person you love possibly cheating on you and not knowing for sure just eats away at you night and day. It's nearly impossible to think of anything else. The only relief is to find out the truth, and it usually confirms your suspicions. In THIS case, however, it seems that the girlfriend is just bat shit crazy. She wasn't just looking for evidence of cheating, but deleted ALL his female contacts, presumably to PREVENT cheating. That indicates to me that her boyfriend hasn't displayed any suspicious behavior and that her actions were driven purely by her own irrational paranoia. It is also a blatant attempt at controlling her boyfriend, by attempting to ensure that she is the only female he can have any sort of relationship with, romantic or otherwise.

5 Nope she has to be able to trust him on her own and if she can't then she damn sure shouldn't be with him.

While I agree that was uncalled for and out-of-bounds behavior, I had to give you a YDI for a few reasons: A: How could you let her go through her phone in the first place? B: If those are "special" numbers, you need to have them stored differently. C: Are you a man or a mouse, Micky? I think you need to sit her down and talk about boundaries and privacy and if you two cannot come to an amicable agreement, time to show her the curb. Good Luck!

1. Perhaps he doesn't mind because he has nothing to hide or he wasn't aware that she had taken his phone and tampered with it, which seems the likely case here. 2. It's his phone, why should he have to have things differently from the way he likes them? 3. Mice can't write. (And he might actually care about his girlfriend).

loserman there's a reason you have negative votes here, and I'm one of them.

sounds like a level 10 jealous psycho right there. get out while you can and spare yourself the horrible miserable existence that follows.

ElishaisSexy2016 9

Seems like a overly- jealous/ protective girlfriend..

Why dont you play her game and erase all her male contacts?

Sorry Baustigt, Noor's already, um, 'occupied'. With me. Take your North and South pole sex games elsewhere.