By merse - 18/02/2010 13:20 - United States

Today, my parents decided they won't pay for college because of a Fox News story that said higher education "makes you liberal." FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 008
You deserved it 3 149

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Going to college doesn't make you liberal, it makes you smarter and more prepared in the world. Your parents are really ignorant

Fox are idiots, they just implied that Liberal people are highly educated. They're right for once; their right wing nazi-fest is for retards.

Comments

perdix 29

College sharpens your critical thinking skills enough that you realize that FOX News is anything but "fair and balanced." Educated, wealthy Republicans I know are aware that FOX News is a joke, but they love how it gets the ignorant, bigoted masses vote against their own self-interest.

fail perdix. you strayed from your usual witty comments and got involved politically. i'm disappointed :(

Malinkrot 3

what #292 really meant to say is "wahh you didn't agree with me!! obama gon take our gunz!"

Jrook 0

sadly I think #39 is the smartest of all the people against Obama :/

Faux Noise... I have nothing else to say, really.

first off, i'm led to believe this is fake because that story was up on Digg yesterday. But maybe that's just coincidence.... Anyway, if you actually watch the fox news segment on it, the facts aren't really bad... just the presentation sucks so much that it looks like propaganda. So, here's just the facts from the broadcast: Most college professors have a liberal bias. Professors should not be supporting a political agenda in the classroom. (opinion, yes, but i think a reasonable one) There are many other benefits to higher education that clearly outweigh any political bias (another opinion, but clearly a good one). College graduates often do not know much about the very basics of government and political systems. (from a study) Conclusion: College is a place where many people with a liberal attitude are authority figures, yet actual politics is not generally taught to all students. Thus, many college students pick up bits of knowledge from their trusted professors without truly understanding the meaning of their newfound beliefs. Despite all of this, there is still MUCH to gain from college in terms of high education and personally betterment. That's all pretty reasonable honestly... but to the OP, obviously your parents missed the boat on this...

MrsxStewart 4

I think we need to realize that the country was built as a republic therefore on conservative views. While I have good points and bad for both sides, I have to say that our country was built so that we could run ONLY as a republic. Sorry, guys!

....Are you REALLY that stupid? The Republican party didn't even EXIST at the time of the country's founding. Not to mention the Republican migration to the south during civil rights as the "Dixiecrats" didn't like it.

no party existed during the country's founding so don't go freaking out. just saying.

I'm one of the few smart people at my middle school, and I am a proud conservative!

morganrules123 10

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Why would your parents believe anything Fox News says?

98: ...I'm not sure how you can say second hand smoke isn't bad. I'm really sensitive to it, and can't breathe if I'm around it. But, if I'm walking into a store, why should I have to suffer and have to hold my breath, just because someone else made the decision to ruin their lungs. Try again. OP: FYL that your parents are really that stuipid. That really sucks. Good luck getting loans and paying your way through school. It's gonna be hard, but if you want it, you can do it. :)

Liberal means Democratic. Faux Noise is Conservative, meaning Republican. They hate all things Obama and support Bush, Palin, and Rush Limbaugh as if they were gods.