By merse - 18/02/2010 13:20 - United States

Today, my parents decided they won't pay for college because of a Fox News story that said higher education "makes you liberal." FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 008
You deserved it 3 149

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Going to college doesn't make you liberal, it makes you smarter and more prepared in the world. Your parents are really ignorant

Fox are idiots, they just implied that Liberal people are highly educated. They're right for once; their right wing nazi-fest is for retards.

Comments

Facts matter. That's what the report is about. There is so much time spent "questioning authority" that students are not learning important facts that people need in order to preserve our liberty. Facts that should have been learned in any decent high school, but that is a different topic.

go to texas tech, that'll make you much more conservative

omgwtffmmfl 0

OP do your parents play poker? Honestly I'm not that good.

Eh? You know you're going to technically get a biased education no matter where you go right? It's not like the relative theories and proofs for everything we supposedly know to be true has any relevance in a universe as a whole. For all we know, the Earth could be destroyed in some freak cosmic phenomenon tomorrow and the entire universe would be none less the wiser for our lack of output. Sure you can be an optimist if you want, but in reality, the universe itself doesn't necessarily have any inherent meaning unless you give it some. BTW, I'm sick and tired of hearing Fox called "Faux" News. Of course they suck, not to mention they're easily farther than most from the truth they presume to blather about, but it's pretty stupid to call it something that isn't pronounced anywhere similar.

and that is one of many reason why your country SUCKS!!

please let them know that higher education doesn't make you liberal, education does.

please let them know that higher education doesn't make you liberal, education does.

AnonymousGalifrey 1

thats ironic because liberals are the ones who come up with stupid unedycated bullshit, for example al gore (global warming) and obama(stimulus bill and healthcare(communist))

vlk4_fml 0

#153, if you think you are so much more "edycated" than liberals, how about using some proper spelling and grammer?

@161. Conservatives don't love war. If we could have world peace, conservatives would be all for it. Sadly, we live in an imperfect world and when there are people like Osama Kim Jong who are threatening and killing Americans, they're not going to want and sit down and sign a peace treaty. The only two options then are to either sit and watch innocent people get killed, or we can go to war and fight for what's right.

wow how narrow-minded are your parents. sucks to be you.

There are fairly conservative colleges out there, especially around here. Maybe you could show them some info from Wake Forest, Duke, Furman, LSU, UA, etc. State is probably more conservative than others if you're going for an in-state education. Their statistics could help be persuasive, regardless of whether you're personally liberal or conservative.