By merse - 18/02/2010 13:20 - United States

Today, my parents decided they won't pay for college because of a Fox News story that said higher education "makes you liberal." FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 008
You deserved it 3 150

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Going to college doesn't make you liberal, it makes you smarter and more prepared in the world. Your parents are really ignorant

Fox are idiots, they just implied that Liberal people are highly educated. They're right for once; their right wing nazi-fest is for retards.

Comments

Oh honey. Try to get into a place like Stanford that has a needs-blind program. Either that or: scholarships, loans and FAFSA. There's always away. It'll just be a bit harder without you parent's help.

kaileebug 0

shall I remind you of how much debt we're in? A-hole.

Sugarlips_xo 0

The Liberals commenting on this FML are precious. You're all dissing Fox News, yet none of you can form a complete thought, let along a sentence with correct grammar and punctuation. Fox News tells BOTH sides of the story, and if any of you actually watched, you would know that. They have Liberals and Conservatives duke it out all the time. Secondly, I believe the OP's parents are confused because educated people in America are Conservative, not Liberal. Liberals consist of: takers, lazy-a**es, ignorant, and the uninformed. AND to the kid talking about global warming above: YEA, Conservatives aren't denying it. We're saying it's part of the Earth's natural cycle. But honestly, you must live in Florida or something because if you lived in the North, you wouldn't be shooting your mouth off. It's FREEZING outside.

oomandarinoo 0

Global warming, climate change-whatever. The point of voicing global warming is not to say humans have destroyed this planet, it's stating that by forces beyond our control, the earths atmosphere is being destroyed. Since we know what speeds up the process of that ultimate destruction, WE the people voice global warming so we can TRY to slow down that process. It really isn't hard to understand and it's ignorant to state something should be ignored because you don't agree with that name. Also, I live in Washington State. I think I am aware of what cold weather is like considering we only experience warmth 58 days out of the year.

B. ombed U. nited S. tates H. onor The Bush dynasty ruined the US. Have you seen the debt we owe lately because of the fiasco in the Middle east? Not to mention the fact that the rest of the world hates us now. Take a look: http://www.usdebtclock.org/

then pay for it yourself, jeez, do you really need mommy and daddy's money.

jisaac09 25

Do you realize that obama has spent more than bush???

thingymajig 0

who cares that obama spent more than bush. bush started 2 wars and you're worried about money?

highlander263 0

Arguing on the internet is like being in the special olympics even if you win your still retarded.

This. Thanks #224. Probably one of the few Americans who acknowledge the world hates them because of Bushy.