By merse - 18/02/2010 13:20 - United States

Today, my parents decided they won't pay for college because of a Fox News story that said higher education "makes you liberal." FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 008
You deserved it 3 149

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Going to college doesn't make you liberal, it makes you smarter and more prepared in the world. Your parents are really ignorant

Fox are idiots, they just implied that Liberal people are highly educated. They're right for once; their right wing nazi-fest is for retards.

Comments

ladyvader401 5

That's pretty awful, OP. I think that's grounds for picking a school as far away as possible and getting some loans. You should get out of there before you become one of them!!

gospelbyjosh 0

so your parents believe there is a direct correlation between being intelligent and being liberal? That pretty much sums up the Tea Party Movement.

payless 0

If you move out now, it will be much easier to prove finalncial independence (and get more scholarship money) in a year!

CaptainBlake 0

lol the only true story ever covered on Fox "News" :)

kgraham21 0

What's wrong with being liberal?

Take a look at how the US and most other countries are going broke because of all the money being sucked up in taxes and spewed out on social programs that don't actually help in the long run, plus all the flat out corruption. That's whats wrong with being a liberal, or a "compassionate conservative," aka a liberal.

Maybe you are too young to remember, but GW Bush campaigned by calling himself a compassionate conservative. That phrase is synonymous with him, so my comment was specifically including Bush. The Republican Party is divided now in terms of how hard to push a fiscal conservative agenda, because the voters typically will vote for whichever party promises to give away the most goodies. This problem was predicted when the US was being formed, and may indeed be the end of democracy if we continue to sell our future to the Chinese.

edit: wrong place for comment. There needs to be a 'delete' button.

tb15 0

The report is here: http://video.foxnews.com/v/4016232/college-skews-political-spectrum The main part of the report is how poorly educated college graduates are these days. Probably because professors spend so much time pushing the liberal agenda instead of providing important facts about the world. Maybe the OP's parents are idiots, but maybe they don't want to waste money on a kid who would be better off doing something else at this point in his or her life.

To be honest, I think your parents were looking for an excuses to not pay for your college. So they had to make some crazy shit up! To bad for you OP. Best suggestion is to go get a job some where. I had to work and pay for my college to, so don't feel to bad. Could be worse!

lol 1, but 33, I don't know about watching the hills...