By tardspawn - 05/04/2015 15:38 - United Kingdom - Horsham

Today, my morbidly obese mother gave me an angry lecture at dinner, saying without any trace of irony that my vegetarian diet is "unhealthy and utterly unacceptable". FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 585
You deserved it 4 006

Same thing different taste

Top comments

karcummings 19

Sounds like you need to give her a lesson on what and what's not healthy.

Her attitude is unhealthy and utterly unacceptable!

Comments

RammerJammer62 8

Well vegetarian diets are unhealthy, but not nearly as unhealthy as eating carbs or candies, which she probably consumes daily.

Does she really think she has any room to talk on "unhealthy"..? Look, how I see it, don't judge someone based on their eating habits, mind your P's and Q's, especially when it CAN backfire on you, like...being insanely obese and while eating a doughnut lecturing YOU on how you choose to diet.

ViviMage 38

Make sure you read up on complete protein combinations. Soy is close to having all amino acids but no plant contains all of them. Meat have all of amino acids so nothing is loss in meat, but a "hot diet" could be created in a vegetarian lifestyle. Peanut butter and jelly is one such complete protein combo. Also, add fiber gradually to avoid gassy feelings. Your mother is a fine one to talk.

middlenamefrank 8

Judging other peoples' dietary habits is generally a bad idea and a fruitless endeavor. For you AND your morbidly obese mom.

uchihadesendent 14

OP kudos to you for sticking to a vegetarian diet and what your mom said was stupid and ignorant nuff said!

She's just gonna spout more fatlogic at you that unfortunately won't get trapped in her orbit. Try and move out or put your foot down, hard. They spew stupidity like that if they're insecure about you looking better than them.

The beetus logic is strong with this one.

Well she is right but if she's obese then her diet is by far worse

The name is the best part... "Tardspawn"

She might be projecting her self-loathing and depression on you for taking a diet she didn't have the willpower or energy to take. I'll give you a "YLS" for this one because that's still not right, and I hope she apologizes to you. But she might not be wrong. It depends on *your* specific vegetarian diet. Are you getting the right nutrients? Are there unhealthy chemicals* in them? What's your budget? Are the ingredients you desire local or will you have to order them? How are you flavoring your food? Are you eating too much fruit? Are you using too much salt? Too little salt? There's a lot of factors. And of course, you can't fit it into an FML that you've done this research. *Specified "unhealthy chemicals" because everything you eat will have natural chemicals. Some will be good for you. Some will be very bad for you. Some will have long names or short names. And the same goes for unnatural chemicals. Chemicals now looks like it's spelled wrong to me.