By tardspawn - 05/04/2015 15:38 - United Kingdom - Horsham

Today, my morbidly obese mother gave me an angry lecture at dinner, saying without any trace of irony that my vegetarian diet is "unhealthy and utterly unacceptable". FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 585
You deserved it 4 006

Same thing different taste

Top comments

karcummings 19

Sounds like you need to give her a lesson on what and what's not healthy.

Her attitude is unhealthy and utterly unacceptable!

Comments

Vegetarians aren't always healthy, you're essentially only cutting out meat at the least. Candy, soda, fried foods, etc. still exist.

Agree, but saying her diet is unhealthy because she doesn't eat meat is plain wrong.

This reminds me of my vegetarian sister and my dad. He, smoking like a chimney, drinking so much beer that his belly is Homer Simpson-like and bathing his food in salt, says my sister shouldn't be a vegetarian, "it's not healthy".

Andrewski12 18

The reason she is so dumb is because her fat is growing in her brain also. Killing cells.

While it is a scientific fact that each pound into obesity speeds up the killing of your brain cells, the death of maybe fifty does not instantly make you dumber.

A vegetarian diet isn't necessarily healthy, nor a nonvegetarian diet necessarily unhealthy. That said, I don't judge people for being vegetarian, and request reciprocating courtesy: I have little patience for people without that basic level of consideration, one it appears your mother did not afford here. I am, of course, assuming that you ARE actually eating a balanced and nutritious vegetarian diet and she wasn't calling you out for subsisting on the equivalent of french fries and ketchup for every meal. Honestly, there are some vegetarian dishes I simply love, and would not object to eating something closer to a veg diet were more good options available where I live. Kudos to you for finding a way to stick with it in spite of sometimes difficult or limited dining options, OP.

poppunkette 22

I would be telling her to take a long hard look in the mirror on what is healthy and what isn't.

kaylae22 13

If ur a guy u could ignore this but for women does this mean you can't suck you male significant other?

What does this have to do with being vegetarian?

Umm, when I give a guy a ******* I normally don't eat his dick.

Did your mom slave over the stove all day to cook an Easter dinner that you refused to eat because you're vegetarian? And just as importantly, did she know that you are a vegetarian?

Your mom is tard. Also, iron supplements ftw.

Your mum needs to realise that it's your life and your decisions.