By tardspawn - 05/04/2015 15:38 - United Kingdom - Horsham

Today, my morbidly obese mother gave me an angry lecture at dinner, saying without any trace of irony that my vegetarian diet is "unhealthy and utterly unacceptable". FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 585
You deserved it 4 006

Same thing different taste

Top comments

karcummings 19

Sounds like you need to give her a lesson on what and what's not healthy.

Her attitude is unhealthy and utterly unacceptable!

Comments

She is setting a great example for you to not follow. Good luck, OP.

Makes sense that's she's obese if she thinks like that

People can be so ignorant, maybe you just need to inform her of your diet. Lots of people think it's unhealthy to not eat meat. Hope everything works out in the end for you OP

I knew a vegetarian that basically only ate ice cream. Just because someone's vegetarian does not automatically make them healthy or even mean that they eat vegetables. She may have been making an entirely true statement and her weight has nothing to do with her state of health.

this made me giggle. I know some people who are overweight and insanely unhealthy who scold me obsessively for being unhealthy as a vegetarian.

I think you mean sarcasm. The speech she gave was absolutely laden with irony.

She wants you to be like her. (In her eyes, "healthy")

Cutting meat out of your diet does not automatically make you healthy. If OP is not getting the protein and other nutrients specific to meat from other sources then his diet it bullshit and he is not healthy. Malnutrition and anemia are extremely common in vegetarian diets. Cutting out meat is not a healthy choice for most people. Morbidly obese is a specific term that only applies to specific weight ranges. Calling your parent that does not mean she is and also does not indicate her overall health. Healthy people come in all sizes. When you call yourself tardspawn it's a pretty good indication that moms weight isn't the problem.