By tardspawn - 05/04/2015 15:38 - United Kingdom - Horsham

Today, my morbidly obese mother gave me an angry lecture at dinner, saying without any trace of irony that my vegetarian diet is "unhealthy and utterly unacceptable". FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 585
You deserved it 4 006

Same thing different taste

Top comments

karcummings 19

Sounds like you need to give her a lesson on what and what's not healthy.

Her attitude is unhealthy and utterly unacceptable!

Comments

"How would you know, MOTHER?" Mother heiffer.

nialls_girl 13

Well as a vegetarian you are, you are missing out on your vitamin B's that are derived from animal products.

A vegetarian consumes animal products, just no meat so I don't see the problem here.

Not necessarily - the only B group vitamin not commonly found in vegetable sources is B12. Your body can store massive amounts of B12, and you can get it from yeast extract, as well.

You know its not very nice to call your mother "morbidly obese" (even if she is)

It's called observation. And morbidly obese is actually one of the nicer way to tell someone that.

I'm assuming you think it's not nice to call your mother diabetic, even if she is, then.

SHMANDER 4

Being strictly vegetarian is unhealthy, but the hypocrisy is strong with your mother.

Being strictly vegetarian is healthy or unhealthy depending on what you eat. If all you eat is doritos you're going to feel like shit, but vegetarians who subsist mainly on egg whites, vegetables, etc. are going to be healthier than a meat-eater who buys mcdonalds on the daily. Seriously, it's all relative. Also, everyone needs to shut up about how healthy other peoples' diets are; nobody wants to hear that shit unless it's some kind of necessary intervention.

If humans weren't supposed to eat meat, then animals would be made of something else.

Maybe, but that does presuppose that the perfect diet is Soylent Green.

i feel for ya OP. My mother goes on and on about how vitamins and supplements are poison, while she chain smokes.

it is not the best diet. humans being omnivorous need meat as well or you will be weak

Just because she's obese doesn't mean she doesn't know what she's talking about. Would you trust her more if she was skinny but had a horrible diet? Do you think every nutritionist eats healthy? How about you criticize her advice and not her life choices.

that's hypocritical. she's criticized his life choices.

Your mother needs to stop talking about herself.