Weight watcher

By depressedkiwi - 15/07/2020 08:01

Today, I found out my mother-in-law is trying to force me to lose weight, even though I am trying, and have a medical condition. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 395
You deserved it 665

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How can she force you to lose weight? I'm confused by this.

Make it clear in no uncertain terms that you're already trying and on your own fitness plan that suits your personal goals and pace. Your MIL can give guidance but can't expect you to overexert yourself to the point it becomes dangerous for you due to your medical condition. Hopefully she will listen and understand.

Comments

How can she force you to lose weight? I'm confused by this.

Sounds like the beginning of a MILF **** to me. Only a boring one where you have to scroll through 40 minutes of bullshit to get to the sexy part!

Make it clear in no uncertain terms that you're already trying and on your own fitness plan that suits your personal goals and pace. Your MIL can give guidance but can't expect you to overexert yourself to the point it becomes dangerous for you due to your medical condition. Hopefully she will listen and understand.

what medical condtion? if it like PCOS that's fixable . pcos kept me chunky (but I was sexy) from childhood till my 20s... lost over 100lbs by cutting sugar out .. ALL processed sugar! ..cut portions drastically..took 1year to loose 24 years of being a big girl. GOOD LUCK 🧡

Don't equate your situation with OP's, it's a narcissistic and ableist assumption. Not everyone's circumstances are the same, and we don't know what's going on with OP.

coius 23

As a male, i was 240lbs at 5’10” in highschool. Took 6 years of cutting out sugar and carbs to lose weight down to 130lbs. I looked good. Then I got injured at 27, got health issues and gained back weight. Due to steroids im now 204lbs. But i’ll drop it. Yes, cutting sugar and carbs is key. Its the only thing I did to lose weight. My wife has PCOS and is having a hard time doing this as well, but i’m going to try as hard as I can to help her with her goes. Hopefully ill be off steroids and won’t be messed up this bad for too much longer.

bloopaloop 27

“Trying” was not defined by op. And readers don’t have to assume MIL is being a jerk. She cares enough to make it an issue and she’s probably right.

genuinegoodguy 9

Sounds to me like she’s on the right track and you’re making an unnecessary fuss