By julesmommy - 08/09/2011 05:36 - United States

Today, my husband used our last $2000 to buy himself a motorcycle. It's supposed to "save us a lot on gas money." FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 975
You deserved it 3 239

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Actually, I ride, too. A bunch of my buddies did some back-of-the-envelope math and concluded that provided you don't go for some gigantic liter-sized road sofa that gets under 40mpg, yes, a bike is cheaper. Back when gas was $1-$1.50 a gallon, it wasn't, because any gas savings would rapidly get eaten up by the cost of replacing tires and drive chains. But with gas at $3.50-$4 or more, it works out.

Ah. Great. How's he gonna bring home groceries in that thing?

Comments

His Chevro-legs save even more gas. Get to stepping.

Motorcycles are the first thing that come to mind when talking about Eco-friendly

Besides it being the last $2k, I don't see how this is an FML. He is correct.

It's true, motorcycles do get great gas mileage so you'll save a bundle. You can use that extra money to pay the hospital bills when he crashes. "Oh there goes DocBastard talking shit about motorcycles again! He's a broken record!" I just pronounced a motorcyclist dead 2 hours ago due to an accident that would have cause bumps and bruises had he been in a car. **** off.

Was the motorcyclist drunk or did he just get hit by a car?

ReynshineCutting 10

Oh silly doctors and their hating living out of a bubble.

CryMore - he wasn't drunk, nor was the driver of the other car. Slick roads + no protective Fiberglas shell around you = massive head injury. Simple math, really.

leadman1989 15

I agree with you 100%, but no one lives for ever. If you die? You die, because everyday we live we face... Dun dun dunnn 1000 ways to die!!'

What accident would that have been? He must have slammed straight into something to die from it, or he went topside. Either way it's the driver's fault, not the motorcycle.

look on the bright side, unless he got one that has really good shocks (which i'm assuming for that price he didn't), you can ride on the back and it'll vibrate so much you'll get an ****** going down the road. you always gotta see the positives :)

That's the harly vibration ur talking about that has nothing to do with shocks that has to do with the engine

Tell him walking saves more on gas money.