By Anonymous - 20/02/2015 01:46 - United States - Lebanon

Today, my mother moved in to my 2-bedroom apartment with me. She brought her boyfriend, 4 chihuahuas, and 2 birds with her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 852
You deserved it 5 104

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lowkeybelieber 7

It's your job to tell her what's okay and what's not in YOUR house. Just because she's family doesn't give her the right to push you around.

YDI for not having boundaries. Even if you have reason (maybe she's old or sick) to let HER stay, that does not require the rest. At least, not in those numbers.

Comments

She definitely feels comfortable making herself feel at home

lowkeybelieber 7

It's your job to tell her what's okay and what's not in YOUR house. Just because she's family doesn't give her the right to push you around.

Exactly! Assert yourself! That's your space. As soon as someone mentions bringing over 4 chihuahuas, 2 birds, and a boyfriend I'd stop them cold. Not in mi casa you're not. I chill here okay, I don't run a zoo.

She probably didn't have a problem telling you yes or no in her house. And it is NOT mother makes the rules. Your house, your rules. Telling parents no can be hard for most people. But put your foot down when you must. As long as she remembers that she's a guest, and your home is yours, there shouldn't be a huge issue. That is assuming this is not long term...

I agree with #4, you have to draw the line somewhere.

YDI for not having boundaries. Even if you have reason (maybe she's old or sick) to let HER stay, that does not require the rest. At least, not in those numbers.

It can be hard to tell your parents no, considering that they made the rules for so long

Erm, Just talk to your mom. Where is all going to fit. Ah never mind her head seems empty enough to store it.

Sounds like a Crowded House you dreamt was over.

People fear what they don't know so they down vote. Welcome to fml , where it doesn't matter if you get thumbed or down and you can voice you humble opinions.

I think its time to have a talk with you mom.....