Missed me?

By brokebihhhh - 02/01/2017 09:22 - United States

Today, I caught a flight to see my boyfriend, who is stationed in the army 300 miles away. When I was just 15 minutes from the base he called to say that we should break up. Now I'm heading back to California, single and broke. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 190
You deserved it 669

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope you two at least got to talk about it in person, since you were already there...

Now you can find someone who will appreciate you going 300 miles just to see them.

Comments

sonasonic 34

You should have surprised him at the base by turning up there moments after he breaks up with you, and tell him that you will haunt him forever. His expression would be priceless. XD

Now you can find someone who will appreciate you going 300 miles just to see them.

I mean he may not have realized she was on her way

What an ass. He deserves to be dishonorably discharged. Nah, but that was not cool.

You're at an army base. You can get a boyfriend, a side-piece, a dom, a sub and an FWB in about 10 minutes, and have a fully-stocked friend zone to boot!

Being a vet, I know this is all too true. Haha

cwfabb 0

I think that everyone is assuming that OP's ex knew that OP was coming. If he did, then yes, it is a dick move. But if he didn't, then it was just bad luck that he chose that time to call.

Oh I read it as if OP just visited her boyfriend at the base and was 15minutes from his base on the way back and he didn't have the guts to tell her in person. But here's why suprise visits are never a good idea when someone lives that far away.

Did he know you were coming? It sucks either way, but if he knew, then he is an asshole!

I hope you two at least got to talk about it in person, since you were already there...

Come on over to the caribbean, we can be broke together! :p

That sucks, especially if he knew that you were coming. He could have at least saved you purchasing the ticket.