By SkeetinKeaton - 05/06/2013 15:24 - United States

Today, I let my step-father know exactly what I thought of him. After a few moments of awkward silence, he leaned towards me and quietly whispered, "Well you're adopted. Your parents never loved you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 043
You deserved it 14 520

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How insensitive. Sorry you had to listen to that.

You obviously have parents who loved you. You were special enough that you were chosen to be their child.

Comments

How insensitive. Sorry you had to listen to that.

Don't listen to it OP it's not true ! They wouldn't have adopted you if they didn't want a child to love. Keep your head up doll

mpj13 8

Not only is it insensitive it is also a quote from the move dodgeball. You don't think what the step-dad said was necessary? Necessary? Necessary? Is it necessary to drink my own urine? No but it's sterile and I like the taste.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

ya that saying is old and overused.

Actually op should've had a comeback! Like:" the reason why my mother married you was because we needed another spender in our family! Money come first, step dad!" -> even though i hate the idea of saying it but assholes like that step-father should be kicked in the nuts

I think I'm the only one who thinks that OP deserved it. I'm sorry but if he told his step dad what he thought of him, it probably wasn't a good thing, and most likely elicited that snap response. I try to ere on the side of caution, but I really think that people treating OP as a Saint is just a failure. Yes, cater to his emotions, because step dads have none...

etoilenuit 15

That's what I was thinking! Also, wondering, did OP know he was adopted? Then the step father pulling the old "they never loved you" is something so childish it's ridiculous. But if he dropped the adopted part and OP didn't know then oh ***** about to go down.

UnluckyGenius 21

My thoughts exactly #63, if you are going to let someone know "how you really feel" about them you should expect some form of reprisal.

The step-dad most likely deserved whatever OP said to him.

DamnBobRoss 4

#63 *err on the side of caution.

How insensitive of OP. I feel sorry for the step-father.

@115 how could OP deserve such a thing?! telling someone, regardless of age, that they aren't loved is really devastating!

he can't know that and besides you don't need to listen to people who tell you those kind of things!

Please tell me how you came up with the idea he can't know that, because if he is the step father I would think that's an important factor to tell before they got married.

Oh ignore this comment I thought they were referring to the adopted part

RedPillSucks 31

Well, he could also be lying about the adopted part, unless this was already common knowledge. That was a super-dick move on the step-fathers part. You should let your mom know.

Even if it was common knowledge that's an extremely dickish thing to say.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

you should change your picture, attention *****

PulseShock 9

Says the kid who has had abs since he was 6 because he got good genetics and is skinny. Guarantee you, he's never done a sit up in his life, those are "baby abs" lol and yet he tries to flaunt them;)

I'm sorry but most adults I know are more immature than a 5 year old . Just because they are 18 and older doesn't mean they deserve to be respected.

Pauschinator - While I admire your respect towards your elders, not all elders deserve such respect. This stepfather seems to be one of them. Oh, and pull your damned shirt down in your profile pic, son. No one wants to see that.

Da fuq was he thinking? That's almost as bad as a full cleavage/duck face shot by a chick saying "I hate it when people don't take me seriously"

3, When adults are respectful they deserve to be respected, just like any other person on the planet regardless of age. But as someone who was verbally abused by a step-parent for years, I know that adults sometimes need someone to tell them that their behavior is wrong and unfair. Telling the step-parent exactly how they felt seems perfectly acceptable in this situation, especially since the step-father responded in the way he did.

SalviBarbie 15

If the adult deserved it, then he deserved it. My mom's ex boyfriend was getting on my nerves, so was I not allowed to get attitude and say how I feel? Lol right. **** that I got a mouth for a reason.

Considering how much your post makes me want to slam my head on a dictionary and then cradle it for salience, I think your mom's ex boyfriend was in the right.

ginawater19 13

You guys are haters I totally agree with #3! And I think he's saying it in a way that if you mouth off to adults it will come back to bite you in the ass. Always happens to me haha! So **** all you :)

Gina, who let you back on the computer?

SalviBarbie 15

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Kissing an adult's ass isn't always the way to go...

Most adults I know don't even have the intelligence to match their confidence. They approach ME looking for a debate, to which I oblige, which I usually end up getting a suspension for because apparently they have no clue what the ekpyrotic theory is nor do they know the basis for the evidence of evolution and quantum physics. Adults don't automatically deserve to be respected. Only the respectful should be respected.

Being an adult doesn't automatically make you right all the time.

So OP's stepfather's an asshole and you don't think she/he should stand up for him/herself? That's bullshit. At least they had the balls to stand up to their stepfather! I think you'd change your tune if you were in a situation like OP's, number 3. And f**k you for acting like adults are perfect and deserve absolute respect. If you give respect, you get respect. That's just the way it goes. A lot of adults today are too illiterate to even have a logical conversation or reason with. Also, put a shirt on, good grief.

Apparently this man treated her like an asshole, because no nice or well behaved person would say that. I'm all for respecting your elders, but only when they respect you. There is no way I'm going to hide or deny my feelings because someone is older than me. If this person felt some type of way, then she had a right to express it because he is not her father, and he shouldn't get away with treating her like shit. I hope he left her life too, because she doesn't need that at all. Oh, and you're an asshat.

You obviously have parents who loved you. You were special enough that you were chosen to be their child.

iluvevil01 11

I think the step-father meant that op's real parents didn't love him and that's why they put him up for adoption. Op should've pointed out that his adopted parents chose him and that shows they love him

deepunder 17

I am adopted and I prefer it that way. I won't have to grow up knowing ill be like my parents. I also like what #40 said

#88 I have to agree with you, but I believe that sometimes you can't escape your DNA no matter who raised you.

Some times kids are put up for adoption because the parents can't support them so they have a better life.

Cobro 5

Who the hell has the audacity to say something like that? Oh yeah, op's step dad...

You need a license to drive a car. You need a license to own a dog. Hell, you need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reaming asshole be a father.

And let him know his parents never loved him.

"Welll... Um... Your parents never loved you either!" *runs to room to go cry* Not a very smooth come back imo.

Go Doctor Who! :D (I love David Tennant :3)

kennaem1 11

Or maybe, "Well, my mom never loved you!"

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Lil_Red777 21

It might have been wrong, but that doesn't make what he said right! That's a horrible thing to say to anyone!

tenfiftynine 12

It wasn't wrong. OP let their voice be heard. If you speak up something can be done to make it better and easier.

It all really depends on how OP let their voice be heard. Two wrongs don't make a right and in this case, three wrongs.

SkyLauren24 7

What did you say to him to get that response? XD

Sinamoi 18

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!"

You don't frighten us (insert stepfathers nationality) pig dogs. Go boil your bottoms, you sons of silly person, I blow my nose at you so called step father.

And I fart in your general direction!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

What an awful thing to say! This guys deserves to get his nuts kicked.