By julesmommy - 08/09/2011 05:36 - United States

Today, my husband used our last $2000 to buy himself a motorcycle. It's supposed to "save us a lot on gas money." FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 975
You deserved it 3 239

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Actually, I ride, too. A bunch of my buddies did some back-of-the-envelope math and concluded that provided you don't go for some gigantic liter-sized road sofa that gets under 40mpg, yes, a bike is cheaper. Back when gas was $1-$1.50 a gallon, it wasn't, because any gas savings would rapidly get eaten up by the cost of replacing tires and drive chains. But with gas at $3.50-$4 or more, it works out.

Ah. Great. How's he gonna bring home groceries in that thing?

Comments

Brooding99 15

Well... They are great on mile/gallon, just sounds a bit short sighted...

bobbyc7 0

Before I got my bike, I was spending around $450/month on gas. Now it's cut down to $150-200. Depending on the bike, he may be on to something.

Snavvie 0

My Bike gets 60mpg. I've put gas twice in my car since May and it's September now. Takes 10 bucks to fill up a motorcycle. Just sucks that it's turning cooler now. :(

skyeyez9 24

he was thinking only about himself when he bought it and not gas money. Especially if you guys are short on money and he wasted it on a motorcycle. Motorcycles are more of a fun toy and not practical.

those who think badly or say motorcycles are death deals clearly don't ride. until you've ridden, you'll ne'er understand that its people in cars, trucks and suvs that are dangerous. when your on a bit with less protection, you realize it and pay more attention.

your corolla is more expensive to fix. I know I work at a dealership.

My boyfriend did the exact same thing, same excuse and all. Only the dumbass bought a piece of shit bike for 1300$ so it keeps dying and he keeps having to pour more money into it.