By krh14 - 10/02/2015 12:59 - United States - Crofton

Today, my girlfriend was feeling a little down, so I tried to console her. She said she just needed space and I respected that. Then an hour later she was fine, so I asked how she did it. She replied that she talked to her ex for a whole hour. This is a common procedure. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 400
You deserved it 5 199

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She wasn't on the phone with her ex.. It was Jake from State Farm..

OP you need to sit down and talk to her about this since it's bothering you. If she can't come to you to talk about things then what's the point of a relationship? While it's great that she has someone else to talk to, I would think that it would be more of a girlfriend or someone close. Not saying that talking to an ex is a bad idea but when she's opening up it might be a little worrisome and bothersome. BTW, I like the fact that you gave her space. My husband and I had problems where he wanted to jump right in to help and I just needed time to think through things. That's very respectful and I applaud you for that. Again, just sit down and talk to her.

Comments

iAmPaul 49

Maybe they have a connection that isn't romantic but it's like talking to an old friend. Don't be offended op having your girl talk to an ex isn't always her trying to hook up its just them being a friend. Plus I doubt it was about you or she would of came to you about it.

I broke up with one of my exes because I moved far away, but we had amazing connection and communication. He talked me out of breaking up with my next boyfriend a couple of times, but he got jealous anyway and wanted me to stop talking to him. It was a hard decision, but my ex had become a friend, and no men is worth more than a friend for me, so I broke up with him instead. I don't regret it, my friend is amazing.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

it sounds like he's controlling you and not having to do the whole dating you thing...I dont know girl... thats tricky.

@94--some pronoun confusion is occurring above: she's saying the BOYFRIEND got jealous and wanted her to end her friendship with her ex, in spite of the ex trying to encourage her to maintain her relationship. So in this instance the controlling person WAS the one dating her. It sounds like the BF didn't know he was sawing the branch he was sitting on.

ajs1987 15

That wouldn't be ok with me, and it shouldn't be for OP either.

Leave her. Correcting such a behavior is almost not possible. She feels tight more closely to her ex than to you. Isn't that message clear enough?

You can't look at the ex as just someone from the past. She could be really close friend with him and there's nothing wrong with that. Trust me, it's possible to be platonic friends with your exes.

Well, is her ex a shrink? If not, fyl

if it's common then you deserved it because she should be looking towards you for comfort

I'm just curious how I'm being down voted, this post obviously shows her ex is emotionally better for her and she's still attached to him so this guy is stupid for sticking around