By krh14 - 10/02/2015 12:59 - United States - Crofton

Today, my girlfriend was feeling a little down, so I tried to console her. She said she just needed space and I respected that. Then an hour later she was fine, so I asked how she did it. She replied that she talked to her ex for a whole hour. This is a common procedure. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 400
You deserved it 5 199

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She wasn't on the phone with her ex.. It was Jake from State Farm..

OP you need to sit down and talk to her about this since it's bothering you. If she can't come to you to talk about things then what's the point of a relationship? While it's great that she has someone else to talk to, I would think that it would be more of a girlfriend or someone close. Not saying that talking to an ex is a bad idea but when she's opening up it might be a little worrisome and bothersome. BTW, I like the fact that you gave her space. My husband and I had problems where he wanted to jump right in to help and I just needed time to think through things. That's very respectful and I applaud you for that. Again, just sit down and talk to her.

Comments

heyimrichie 11

If she doesn't find comfort from you and rather talk to her ex thats a serious problem. Maybe she's not over that emotional connection with her ex ?

I think you need to find a new girlfriend because she should be coming to talk when she is down or have any other problems.

You don't deserve that. Doesn't she know that by doing that she's destroying your relationship?

get rid of her mate. She'll keep running to her ex everytime something upsets her, and you definitely deserve better than that

ldonnahee 10

Emotional cheating. Ask her why she feels she cant talk to you.

Time to trade her in for a better model. You don't need that

sounds like she wants to be with her ex, so tell her to be with her ex, then he can listen to her whinge all the time instead of just when she doesn't want to talk to you.

Look, there might be some things you need to talk about such as why she can't talk to you about the problems, and that's the problem here. I can tell you from personal experience that just because she's taking to her ex doesn't mean she still cares about them, but your loved one could have realized that they're better as friends and they might just have a level of trust in the ex that can't be broken. Unless she gives you a reason to question the relationship, don't jump the gun...