By krh14 - 10/02/2015 12:59 - United States - Crofton

Today, my girlfriend was feeling a little down, so I tried to console her. She said she just needed space and I respected that. Then an hour later she was fine, so I asked how she did it. She replied that she talked to her ex for a whole hour. This is a common procedure. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 400
You deserved it 5 199

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She wasn't on the phone with her ex.. It was Jake from State Farm..

OP you need to sit down and talk to her about this since it's bothering you. If she can't come to you to talk about things then what's the point of a relationship? While it's great that she has someone else to talk to, I would think that it would be more of a girlfriend or someone close. Not saying that talking to an ex is a bad idea but when she's opening up it might be a little worrisome and bothersome. BTW, I like the fact that you gave her space. My husband and I had problems where he wanted to jump right in to help and I just needed time to think through things. That's very respectful and I applaud you for that. Again, just sit down and talk to her.

Comments

it is great she has someone to talk to but if she is,not able to talk to,you about things that bother her, then there is not much room for the relationship to,develop. I do believe that you both need to sit and have a discussion and it may be time to part ways

Is this relationship new? Maybe she broke apart with her ex but still remained friends and so if they got a long history together she could not have talked with OP like she could with her ex. In that case time will change it. Last time i checked talking with your ex who is still your friend is not cheating and story doesn't tell if they planned to meet each other or not.

mashrocks1991 1

That to me just screams she doesn't care enough to talk to you about the problem and still likes/loves the ex.

Maybe her ex was a friend from the past, and she is still close with him. I know plenty of people who are still great friends with their exs. If it bothers you too much, talk to her. I hope it all works out :)

foxmatrix15 8

My ex who is married does the same thing she always calls me when she's having big time problems. I have no feelings for her and yes she's still a great friend but I think if she keeps this up her marriage won't last and I'm stuck smack in the middle of this dilemma. You need to talk to her or leave her soon.

Maybe he's just such a piece of crap that talking to him for an hour reminds her how much better she has it now.

CyberGothic 16

Maybe after chatting with the ex for an hour she realized that he's an ex form a reason and things really aren't that bad? Go with that.

yeah shes gunna end up cheating watch out for the signs

You did nothing wrong, she asked for space and you respected that. The thing is, there's nothing wrong on keeping an ex as a friend, but that should be all. He's not her therapist nor his boyfriend to help her dealing with her mood. Maybe you could talk her, and explain how this bothers you. Wish you luck :)