By krh14 - 10/02/2015 12:59 - United States - Crofton

Today, my girlfriend was feeling a little down, so I tried to console her. She said she just needed space and I respected that. Then an hour later she was fine, so I asked how she did it. She replied that she talked to her ex for a whole hour. This is a common procedure. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 400
You deserved it 5 199

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She wasn't on the phone with her ex.. It was Jake from State Farm..

OP you need to sit down and talk to her about this since it's bothering you. If she can't come to you to talk about things then what's the point of a relationship? While it's great that she has someone else to talk to, I would think that it would be more of a girlfriend or someone close. Not saying that talking to an ex is a bad idea but when she's opening up it might be a little worrisome and bothersome. BTW, I like the fact that you gave her space. My husband and I had problems where he wanted to jump right in to help and I just needed time to think through things. That's very respectful and I applaud you for that. Again, just sit down and talk to her.

Comments

Yea "talked" to him... I think she meant that she talked to his little buddy.

Badkarma4u 17

It could be nothing. My ex still talks to me on occasion, because I'm a good listener and I'm always honest with her, but there is no chance of anything happening. I would rather stick my dick in a hornets nest than stick it in her again. There are reasosn shes an ex.

Hello! Julie here :) I have a wonderful boyfriend whom I love to death and beyond. But sometimes when I'm upset or irritated, his sweetness gets SO ON MY NERVES. So I call my ex, we stayed friends because we dated for over 2 years. And I yell and I curse and I talk and he listens and doesn't try to hug me or comfort me, and sometimes that's exactly what I need. A non-judgmental, not-caring person to just LISTEN. Don't worry OP <3

Was she feeling down because you were upset she ate a pickle?

You tried to talk to her and she did not want to but she would talk to her ex for hour?? New girlfriend time OP. She is still to emotionally attached to him to be attached to you. Good luck.

I can see how that would bother you OP, but, guys, remember that just because she dated him doesn't mean she wants to be with him again simply due to the fact that she likes talking to him. She is friends with her ex, big deal. The same way that she might need to talk to specific friends for specific things. This doesn't mean that she can't talk about anything with you, it just means that her ex might just know what to say. Personally, my best friend happens to be my ex and my boyfriend understands that we just have that connection as close friends. But, if this is a very common occurrence, that's a different situation.

Also consider that you see him as just her ex, but she might see him as one of her closest friends.

She needs to let go of her ex . If he makes her happy when shes down and not you then there is a problem .. :/