By krh14 - 10/02/2015 12:59 - United States - Crofton

Today, my girlfriend was feeling a little down, so I tried to console her. She said she just needed space and I respected that. Then an hour later she was fine, so I asked how she did it. She replied that she talked to her ex for a whole hour. This is a common procedure. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 400
You deserved it 5 199

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She wasn't on the phone with her ex.. It was Jake from State Farm..

OP you need to sit down and talk to her about this since it's bothering you. If she can't come to you to talk about things then what's the point of a relationship? While it's great that she has someone else to talk to, I would think that it would be more of a girlfriend or someone close. Not saying that talking to an ex is a bad idea but when she's opening up it might be a little worrisome and bothersome. BTW, I like the fact that you gave her space. My husband and I had problems where he wanted to jump right in to help and I just needed time to think through things. That's very respectful and I applaud you for that. Again, just sit down and talk to her.

Comments

if she would sooner go to her ex then you, there is a problem that needs to be addressed...

oreo00 14

when a girl tells u that she needs space do we respect that or continue to talk to her?

Dump her ass! If she's gonna crawl back to her ex, just get rid of her and don't deal with the drama

Since she regularly speaks with him when she's being a release of some type, you should be concerned about your relationship. If she can't see that's Problem that she'd rather speak to get ex target than her current bf, she's in denial. I'd say if she wants to continue that behaviour, and won't change after you discuss it, you should give her one last thing for her to discuss that you have to deal with. That would be the break up with you.

Time to leave, OP. Sorry to be blunt but she isn't the one.

Atleast she was honest with you and told you. Maybe they realized they were just better has friends

If you don't like it talk to her. Relationships are complicated enough at times without someone feeling resentment to what is probably a really innocent situation. Just explain you're there for her in the nicest terms and add that you want to be the one she talks to. avoids future argument. good luck OP!