By dharp7 - 16/11/2011 05:23 - United States

Today, my girlfriend dumped me. Her exact words used were "I like the idea of you, but I don't like you." I still don't know what that means. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 086
You deserved it 3 764

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She likes the idea of you= she likes having a boyfriend. She doesn't like you= ... She doesn't like you..

in theory you're good but you don't live up to her expectations

Comments

ikickgingers 15

I understand where she's coming from. Not saying it's nice... Honest though.

It means she had an idealized version of you, but inevitably you don't live up to her fantasy version of you, can't reconcile between fantasy you and real you, so instead she dumps you.

Maybe she would like you more if you understood her and actually knew what she meant by it...

perdix 29

Simple meaning: It's over, move on. If you dumped her saying, "It's not you, it's me," she'd agree ;) Sounds like an updated version of "I love you, I'm just not in love with you." Look for someone else, because you probably don't want to know the real reasons.

It means she wants a boy friend but you are not what she has in mind. Get over it and drive on. Don't put much thought into this or drive yourself crazy over analyzing it. Move on.

It means u have all the right qualities and u are exactually what she needs. But in reality she likes a different type of guy. But she knows u would be good for her.

Let me offer a helping hand: A: She likes the idea of a boyfriend, just NOT YOU as her boyfriend. B: She like the idea of being seen in public with a guy, just NOT YOU being the guy. C: She likes the idea of a guy ******* her, just NOT YOU ******* her. D: She likes the idea of giving a man head, just NOT YOU being the man. Starting to get the picture?

perdix 29

At least you got something. Sometimes when I get dumped, the girl just disappears without a word. She simply stops responding to my emails, texts, calls, etc. :(

It means she still loves you and wants you back. Now go to her house and wait outside, until she says she still wants you

perdix 29

I used to recommend stalking your prey, but I've changed my tune on that. It's so much nicer being stalked! I much prefer prancing in front of my open window in frilly thong underwear to sitting in a tree with binoculars and lotion. You get such nice gifts, too! A proper stalker often leaves nice baked goods at your door. Yeah, you have to put up with the occasional dead animal, but you have to take the good with the bad, I guess.