By dharp7 - 16/11/2011 05:23 - United States

Today, my girlfriend dumped me. Her exact words used were "I like the idea of you, but I don't like you." I still don't know what that means. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 086
You deserved it 3 762

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She likes the idea of you= she likes having a boyfriend. She doesn't like you= ... She doesn't like you..

in theory you're good but you don't live up to her expectations

Comments

usmcUSA 0

Tell her she isn't good enough and she knows it. That's why she said that!

roseisrose 0

I have a question for you. May I email you?

onikage_666 0

Just tell that its okay because you only liked the idea of her ******. But you can hardly stand being in the same room as her.

10 it goes " i love you, but... im not IN love with you"

teethpaste 1

I can relate to your girlfriend, OP. You see, I used to have a girlfriend myself. I was madly in love with her. I realised, I was in love and love my idea of her, the brilliant, creative, beautiful girl who is nerdy, kind and will suck my dick. But when I did talk to her, or was actually around her, very rarely did she impress me intellectually or otherwise, not to say she never did but it was not as often as I thought, and she didn’t even suck dick well. Essentially, I’d created a persona, which exaggerated and amplified her good qualities, and diminished her bad ones and, then I attributed this persona to her. I was in love, yet I was also haunted with a concept I’ve created myself, the girl I loved didn’t exist other than in my head.

Relationships and love is not all about feelings.so i thumbed it.

SkardeyKat 3

I think most people have done this at one time or another. It just sucks when you get out of an 8 year relationship and realize the person you were with you couldn't stand, you were only in love with someone you created in your head based on how that person CAN be. It's not a good feeling.

EvilCupcake8361 9

I had the same issue going on too(except I'm not a guy). It's a terrible situation to be in it when you break up & try to explain to them why

Well damn, I just got hit by the epiphany tree...

SystemofaBlink41 27

I agree... Never have seen in that perspective.... WHO LIKES WET DREAMS??

frostburggirl15 4

She means she likes the idea of having a boyfriend, just she doesn't like you. Sorry, that kinda blows.

NotMuchLuck 0

I think it means that she likes the idea of having a boyfriend, but she doesn't like you in particular anymore at least. Basically, she was using you to just have a boyfriend I think; it's a good thing the relationship ended. Sorry :(

Snafuusmc 12

Can't live with them, can't live without them.

miZscrZee 0

She likes to THINK &&IMAGINE she's with you, but in reality she doesn't want you in her life.....?

Lol it's okay, we all have problems with keyboards every now'n then ?