By dharp7 - 16/11/2011 05:23 - United States

Today, my girlfriend dumped me. Her exact words used were "I like the idea of you, but I don't like you." I still don't know what that means. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 086
You deserved it 3 764

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She likes the idea of you= she likes having a boyfriend. She doesn't like you= ... She doesn't like you..

in theory you're good but you don't live up to her expectations

Comments

scottm1 0

Honestly it's because she's been doing me and I'm hung

dab123 3

It means you are a projection of what she wants in a man (I.e.- father figure, loyal, etc.) but she just doesn't like certain characteristics you have. I've been in her shoes, you will find someone who is right for you some day.

It means I'm sticking it in your girlfriend now.

sounds like my friend's reason! she liked the idea of him as a boyfriend but when he was around she didn't like him :P

Some women are more in love with the idea of love than actually feeling the emotion. She probably likes the whole concept of having a boyfriend and being together with someone - but if it's not fulfilling, best to move on. That's my take. I once dated a guy who was good from far, but far from good. I liked the idea of being his girlfriend, but it was so unsatisfying actually being in his presence.

She probably meant that she likes your personality, but doesn't feel the chemistry, only she said it in a somewhat cryptic and a very hilarious way. I'm sorry though, OP, I hope you're not taking it too hard. Getting dumped is tough.

It means she likes having a boyfriend, but she doesn't want YOU as her boyfriend. You'll find the right one some day.

it means that she doesnt want you buddy, time to move onn .

it means you have to look for another girl

It means she's complicated and the relationship is not worth your time! Plenty more fish in the sea :) good luck!