By dharp7 - 16/11/2011 05:23 - United States

Today, my girlfriend dumped me. Her exact words used were "I like the idea of you, but I don't like you." I still don't know what that means. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 086
You deserved it 3 764

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She likes the idea of you= she likes having a boyfriend. She doesn't like you= ... She doesn't like you..

in theory you're good but you don't live up to her expectations

Comments

She left out some words. "I like the idea of you (being a boyfriend for social status and to stop me from feeling lonely and not special), but I don't like you"

I'm sorry:( same thing has happened to me except it was "I like you, I just don't love you anymore"

awesomelikethat 0

It means that from far you look good you sound good but when to get to know you, you're not good enough for her and she doesn't like you.

Tdevonner 0

Or maybe u are very attractive and smart and a potential good husband and father but shes actually a decent enough girl to realise thats not what she wants right now even tho its whats good for her so she doesnt wanna waste ur time...i feel like that all the time.

How can you not know what that means? It's completely clear

either you are good looking but shallow; or you are nerdy but not in a smart, trendy way; or you can't screw.

It means that she likes who you are in er head, but the person you are in her head isn't who you actually are, so she doesn't truly like you.