By screwed - 08/02/2012 01:40 - United States

Today, my dad finally met my girlfriend. Unfortunately, he was driving the ambulance that she was in, due to severe alcohol poisoning and was on the way to the hospital to have her stomach pumped. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 108
You deserved it 7 636

Same thing different taste

Top comments

melonrind 8

Sounds like a girl who makes good choices....Pretty sure you are getting a fun chat with Dad later O.o

dmblonde 13

Comments

melonrind 8

Sounds like a girl who makes good choices....Pretty sure you are getting a fun chat with Dad later O.o

K_kanaka 26

I don't think I'd be thinking about how my dad met her. I would be more worried for the girlfriend she's getting her fucken stomach pumped

melonrind 8

9-Slow your roll Hostile Heffalump....I didn't say to disregard her {stupid decision that led to} stomach being pumped ....I simply stated that op would more than likely, be chatting with his Dad....

K_kanaka 26

O my bad i didn't mean to come off serious. I was just saying what i would've done in that situation. But yea the talk between OP's dad and him must be really awkward right now.

op what happened with your dad and your gf to where this happened

Forbidden love makes the heart grow fonder

Tali147 16

Alcohol poisoning is psychosomatic... No one would be dumb enough to drink THAT much alcohol...Oh, wait...

dmblonde 13

seriously, how awkward is it going to be at THAT family christmas? good wedding story though I suppose...."I knew my son had met the girl he was going to marry when I picked her up in the ambulance, with alcohol poisoning, and she was just so darn sweet and dainty. I knew she was the one"

OP's in the US, though. Usually people involved in medicine aren't allowed to share patient information with anyone (including OP) under HIPPA. Doesn't that apply to ambulance drivers?

perdix 29

Now, he'll know why she dates a loser like you . . . and to lock his liquor cabinet.

What gives the idea that OP is automatically a loser simply by knowing the actions of his girlfriend?

TheDrifter 23

Parents get an ever increasing list of the stupid things their kids do. Is it any wonder that we tally them all up and come to the conclusion that our child is a moron?

perdix 29

#5, because FML is more fun when you exercise your freedom to assume facts not in evidence. Sure, I guess there are people that engage in binge drinking and that is the only thing ****** up in their lives, but it's a lot more likely that she's ****** up in several ways.

dragonstrike94 8

Much more interesting than the boring introduction dinner with the parents

bad luck . . . id stay out of his way for a while

Tswift0806 3

How would he stay out of his way if they most likely live in the same home?

Just do something dumb to draw attention away from her. It could be sweet in a retarded kinda way.

And THAT'S the FML for you? I thought the FML would be that your girlfriend is in the hospital? :/

At least you can trust the guy driving the ambulance...

16- i feel like your profile picture is perfect for this FML.

mismonroe 0

Sounds like a responsible, mature, bring her home to meet your family type you have there.