By Oreo - 10/05/2016 08:58

Today, my dad and stepmom came back from a very expensive two-month trip across the world. When they got home, they had more gifts for their cat than for me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 579
You deserved it 1 948

Same thing different taste

Top comments

They didn't have to bring you anything stop being so ungrateful

XxfrenchyyXx 12

I don't see anything wrong with this to be honest.

Comments

There there OP, It'll get better.

I understand your frustration, but on the bright side you still got gifts!

In my experience cats don't give a shit what you buy for them they would probably rather play with the plastic packaging. So any money spent there is pretty much wasted. Unless it's a laser pointer. I so much as touch that thing and it's go time.

Just be careful on linoleum, animals can't stop fast when going from carpet to a slick surface. *evil laugh*

Cats too have feelings too you know

corky1992 33

At least they got you something. Maybe they got the cat more things because they know how ungrateful you are. Just a thought.

That's because the cat is both of theirs

They obviously love the cat more. Try being more like the cat.

TacoCat15 10

Stop whining about it. At least they got you something.

I noticed that OP complained about the quantity of gifts and not their value or thoughtfulness. To me that implies that OP has a very simplistic, and might I say spoiled set of expectations. First, her parents have the right to give what they want to whom they want. Second, I would rather have one nice and thoughtful gift than an armload of junk. Third, cat toys are cheap and don't require much thought, is that the kind of gift OP really wants?

This is what I was going to say! Quantity over quality, every time.

You should just be thankful they got you anything at all. They didn't have to get you anything.