By schoolkiddo - 08/09/2010 07:35 - Australia

Today, my dad and his girlfriend left for a 10-day vacation. They booked an expensive beach-house. I'm an A grade student and just last month, he stopped paying my school fees because he 'couldn't afford it.' Oh, and he's making me feed the dog while he's away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 164
You deserved it 3 859

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Run away and take the dog. Play guitar in the streets for cash, and make sure the dog is lying next to you with a sad face. Make it look like hes eating some garbage and people will surely give you money. Works for me.

FFML_314 11

Comments

FFML_314 11
Tasanasanta 0

Hey! Some one has to feed the dog.

I work two fulltime jobs to pay my own tuition and then parttime during semester not that bad but I hear ya.

make the dog go to the bathroom on his bed

BoyFromTheFuture 0

He may be a bad dad but that doesn't mean your life is ******. There are always options for straight A students but it may be a little harder. you'll figure it out.

Kill the dog, kill the dad, drop out of school. Date dad's girlfriend.

^^ haha but after the dog is dead, get a kitty. they are so much better then dogs :)

twinny_sc 13
FYLyo 0

no shit who else is gonna feed the dog.

I'm assuming ur in college...if that's the case then learn to take care of yourself, your dad should not be paying for ur crap. and since ur so proud of being a straight A student, get a frigin scholarship!

grimface1987 1

Why would it be college? She said "school". In Australia college is university and school is school (probably high school)

shaubygal 11

Roxtarx88 how can your work 2 full time jobs it's called FULL-TIME not part time YOU CANT WORK 2 FULL TIME JOBS AND THEN ANOTHER PART TIME JOB DURING THE SEMESTER THATS MOTHERFUCKING BULLSHIT YOU SON OF A BITCH DONT ******* LIE NOBODY ON HERE LIKES YOU OR EVEN GIVES A SHIT ABOUT WHAT YOU DO YOU ******* PUSSY DON'T BE A PRICK

91, just because everything you wanted seemed to fall out of the sky, doesn't mean it's the same for everyone else. also, your comment, since ur so proud of being a straight a student, get a frigin scholarship basically implies that you dont know the first thing about education, and it's apparently so easy to get a scholarship

suck it up dude. it happens 2 the best of us :/

just feed the damn dog! (if you notice that you're good at it, you could make a carreer out of it :) )

FYLDeep 25

Well, if you're in like a private high school or something that he sent you to, then your dad ******* sucks. If you're in college, then you should be paying for that shit anyway. I guess it also wouldn't be too much to ask you to take care of the dog since you'd be living in his house anyway. If he makes you pay rent though, then he's an asshole.

Normally OP can't afford rent so she pays in "other" ways.

at least he didn't make u drop out and get a job. but then again that's probably whats going to happen

atomicwedgie4u 0

first mo one can "make" you do anything & second give the dog a little laxative just before your dad gets home then charge him your school fees to clean up the mess. Get the money first though or a contract. lol

lol look at #10 and 11's profile pics haha Is this a common thing, to just take a plain picture of yourself wearing sunglasses?

it sucks but, hey, that's life. Besides, I really doubt his vacation / hotel expenses are anywhere near what your school costs are.

Tasanasanta 0

That's why they said *expensive* beach house...

I doubt an "expensive" 10-day vacay will cost even close to a semesters worth in Australia (~$5,000)

even if his expensive school is nowhere near the price of tuition, a father shouldn't use extra money to pay for a vacation if he agreed to pay for tuition. if he can afford a luxurious vacation then he ought to able to contribute.

Renting an expensive beach house for 10 days can DEFINITELY cost more than $5000. Have you ever tried to rent a vacation home? Those can go for $700+ a night.

I agree...house party!! Sorry, op. Get loans and show him you don't need him or his money!!

PrincessesCrown 17

Loans are stupid because your only going to have to pay it back plus more. Here's an idea get a job in collage and high school and don't go into debt. My sister did that and graduated form GA Tech in 5 years with no debt. And in case you didn't know let's say you went bankrupt one day, the student loans wouldn't go away you need to pay them off and not even going bankrupt will help you there. So don't take out loans get of your butt and get a job even if it's at a McDonalds or something. Anything is better then nothing. Op I agree have a PARTY!

boatkicker 4

Some people can't pay for college without taking out a loan. Chances are, next semester I'll have to, and that's with two jobs.