By fmlgirl - 25/04/2009 18:41 - United States

Today, is my boyfriend and my 3 year anniversary. We decided to give each other something that we really needed. I bought him the $300 worth of books that he needed for college. He surprised me with a workout video and exercise equipment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 411
You deserved it 11 826

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MukyDaCookie 0

I don't get it. Why do people post FML's about their significant other calling them fat? At least you have a boyfriend/girlfriend i'm surprised they don't dump you for being a fat emotion _____

Comments

i would love to get exercise equipment. its expensive and saves a lot of effort of going to a gym and getting a membership. be thankful. and books for an anniversary=lame. **** hiiiis life

awkwardmoments 0

this isnt an fml if you had mentioned you wanted to start working out more, or regularly attend a gym. in fact, you have a good boyfriend, if thats the case. this is only an fml if the above doesnt apply and you're not obese. have fun exercising.

He probably got it for you because he thought YOU wanted it. My guess is that if you took offense to the gift, it's probably because you're already self conscious about your weight... and if he knew that (probably by hearing it from you), than he likely thought it would be a gift you'll appreciate. He spent money on you... shut up, be grateful.

everyone commenting, please. this isn't an english class so stop correcting her on her grammar. shut up already. as for the actually fml, yeah, i would have posted it here too. it was all in his best intentions i would guess.

poison29 0

maybe he should have bought you grammar books. "today was i's anniversary!" no.

People have become huge assholes on this site. **** your lives, you morons.

MyScrewedUpLifeS 0
newguy_fml 0

"My boyfriend and MY honeymoon." You don't say "Today is I birthday" but "Today is MY birthday." #38 is being a huge asshole, he's insulting the whole community!

Blardo 0

Maybe you would gotten something better if you token care of your body.

Did it amount to more than 300 dollars? If so, I think you should be happy. I'm a guy, and to me, chicks dig fitness stuff. Therefore, I would assume if I bought a chick some fitness stuff, she'd be pretty happy about it. So I wouldn't take it as a "fat" comment. I mean if you're really feeling down about it, talk it out with your boyfriend because he's just going to keep buying you the stuff unless you say otherwise. Men are dumb like that.

Get him to work out with you. It's always more fun that way. Although there are other ways to work out and get sweaty together... Just sayin'. Agreed with #32. Are you calling him stupid for buying him textbooks? No, you're helping him. After three years together if you're still getting so offended over little things like that, maybe you should rethink the relationship.