By Anonymous - 20/01/2011 19:34 - United States

Today, I was shopping at Walmart, when a large lady and her friend blocked the aisle I was trying to go down. After saying, "Excuse me," twice and being ignored, I pushed my way through. After getting past, I looked back and noticed she was glaring at me while signing to her friend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 158
You deserved it 13 360

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just because they're deaf doesn't mean they need to block the damn aisle. I don't know how they expected you to guess they couldn't hear you.

Acousticpixie14 6

I'm torn between pitying you and being angry with you. People in grocery stores are so rude. I'm 9 months pregnant and was getting the last few things I need before my son gets here. Well the Target in my town made their aisles more narrow so I just barely fit through alone. Well some lady sat and just stared at me for a while and made me really uncomfortable and then just walked right up close to me, causing me to back away. She did this until I'd backed out of the aisle almost completely and then shoved me out of the way. Seriously? Who shoves a pregnant lady? On the other hand...you could have tried to tap her on the shoulder or backed out of the aisle and gone down the next one. There's always a way to maneuver around people. I do think it was rude of her to be glaring at you. If I were deaf, I'd understand that you probably assumed she heard you. But who knows? Maybe she was just having a bad day and took it out by glaring at you. She could have done worse.

Comments

I'm certain deaf people can be bitches, too. She shouldn't have been blocking the whole aisle though I'm not saying OP was justified in shoving. Two wrongs and all that.

p1nkPanth3r 0

what if her friend wasn't deaf? I don't know. but I don't blame you for trying to get passed her. they should wear something to say hey I'm deaf! we aren't all mindreaders and walmart gets busy sometimes we need something right in front of where someone is standing why go to the next aisle just get around them.

stormzaii 0

so deaf proletariat should have to wear signs? are you ******* stupid?

Katwaffles 0

I thought it was a good idea... ._.

p1nkPanth3r 0

well then blind people shouldn't carry sticks or wear glasses either right? cuz you can walk to them and say hey can u grab that for me!

screw it. her fat ass should not be blocking your access - deaf or not.

chuck1986 0

deaf or not she shouldn't block an aisle with her fat ass.

emilyxorawr 3

Walmart is pretty big, couldn't you just go another way?

Nah. If everyone did that then people may not even realise they were in the way.

vannibannipnik 1

This is why we don't shop at Wal-Mart. This and it's non-union! :))

justkillyourself 2

it's because everyone in fml, particularly sirin are so butthurt because other people beat them to the fist comment that's the only real reason, unless they have some crazy OCD

Dez31396 0

asshole u shoulda tapped her on the shoulder ydi

Well if she wasn't deaf and she was just ignoring OP (which is what anyone would have thought) and OP tapped her on the shoulder she could have went all super bitch on OP

I can never stand those who are so inconsiderate. By that I mean the lady and her friend. Why? Because it is obvious that you are not the only person in the world, so if you want to be treated nicely, you need to consider your surroundings. As for you, the OP, I hope you went back to apologize. It was not your fault & it was completely a misunderstanding. If you did not apologize, then you should start learning when how to do so and when you should do it.